Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > All About School Ideas & Information

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:04 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Box Tops

Does your childs school particapate with the collection of Box Tops. Mine does but they only push it at the beginning of the year. I am sure many people dont bother with it. I think its like getting free money for the kids on a lot of everyday stuff people use anyway!

Before my ds was even in school I saved for my friends kids to take in.

So for all those that dont save them give it a try and donate!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Our school does the Box Tops and the Campbell Soup labels. They put a trash can in the main hallway for them to drop them off. And a PTO mom picks them up and enters them.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Do any of the school's do the tabs off of pop cans??? I have a freezer bag full of them...any ideas as to what I can do with them...
My bil was saving them and turning them in at the Legion for the purchase of wheelchairs...don't know if they are still doing that or not...
Old 03-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Our school doesn't do it that I know of. Might try a chidlren's hospital.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Theresa, I remember seeing a collection bucket for the pop tabs at dd2's preschool. I think they might have been saving them to donate to our Ronald McDonald House or Riley Children's Hospital. You might be able to look online to find a charity that needs them.

DD1's Elementary School collects the box tops & Campbell's soup labels. They mainly push it at the beginning of the school year also. I have a large bag ready for my dd to take to school & she thought they weren't collecting them anymore. I told her I know they are, she just needs to find out where to drop them off. I'm sure she can just give them to her teacher. I try to keep the box tops & labels in seperate bags so it's easier for the school to count them.

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie
Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We save the Box Top and Campbell's labels for school.

DD1's old school also saves pop cans for Shriner's Burn Unit Hospitals and the pop tabs for Ronald McDonald House Charities. I continue to save both and drop them off at the school once a month since they are both good charities and it doesn't cost me anything to support them.

Roberta
Old 03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Our school do the box tops. I save them all the time and have my dm and dmil save them too. I will even buy a specific brand just to get them. (like Betty Crocker brownie mix over Duncan Heinz brownie mix etc.)
Old 03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindybean
Theresa, I remember seeing a collection bucket for the pop tabs at dd2's preschool. I think they might have been saving them to donate to our Ronald McDonald House or Riley Children's Hospital. You might be able to look online to find a charity that needs them.

DD1's Elementary School collects the box tops & Campbell's soup labels. They mainly push it at the beginning of the school year also. I have a large bag ready for my dd to take to school & she thought they weren't collecting them anymore. I told her I know they are, she just needs to find out where to drop them off. I'm sure she can just give them to her teacher. I try to keep the box tops & labels in seperate bags so it's easier for the school to count them.
Mindy do you think you could find out for me if they are still collecting them at your daughter's pre-school...if they are I could send them to you...there are no places here that even want them...Thanks...
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I dont know if ds school does Campbell labels or not. Will have to find that one out. I have asked the grandparents to save the Box tops but I guess they keep forgetting. It really is the easiest way to fundraise.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee I would think that if the school is saving Box Tops they are also saving the Campbell's labels which include so many more brands than just Campbell soup now.

Here is the link to view what to save for Campbell brands
http://www.labelsforeducation.com/el...roductsEN.aspx

And on Box Top you can shop online and earn points or get a credit card as well
http://www.boxtops4education.com/AboutBoxTops/Earn.aspx

Roberta