Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > All About School Ideas & Information

Old 04-24-2002, 09:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm looking for Class party ideas. Our school does Halloween, Easter, Christmas, Valentines Day. I'm always looking for new ideas, that brake my pocket book.
Any ideas are welcomes. Thanks a Million in advance.

Houston-Mom
Old 04-24-2002, 09:17 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry meant to say Don't brake my pocket book. ( they already brake it LOL)

Houston-Mom
Old 04-24-2002, 11:29 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

All parties. We do the same in our school. They allow 50-60 minutes.
The school year is about over here. So I'm prepareing for next year. Getting my ideas together. I'd like to put together an idea box. With a section for every holiday.
I figure I will have more time to do this during the summer than trying to come up with ideas on the spot.

Many Thanks
Houston-Mom
Old 04-30-2002, 10:02 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

One of the most well received ones that we did was a
Ice Cream Sundae party.
We got the soft serve ice cream from DQ- and they donated
the ice cream cups.

Several moms brought in great toppings in addition to the traditional Chocolate and Carmel we had:
Fresh Strawberries
A mixed berry combo - Blackberries, Blueberries and Raspberries
Thick maple syrup
Crushed pineapple
Fresh peaches
M and M's
Crushed Oreos
Crushed Health Bars
Reese's Bits
Gummy Bears
Snickers pieces!!!(My favorite!)

The kids really enjoyed this and as we had enough
Moms to help and make sure they didn't pile on too
much stuff!!

Blessings to you and yours,

Jeanne
;-)
I Mentor Moms to Success
Old 04-30-2002, 11:50 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I wrote a lesson for Afternoon Tea for a room mom for a fourth grade class. She wanted to teach them about tea, so they had a lesson and then a party. She had a really goood time and the boys and girls both enjoyed it! My friend Brenda and I worked on the ideas for the party together as it is on her website. Hope you can use this info. The lesson is printable.

http://oldfashionedliving.com/tealesson.html
Old 05-01-2002, 12:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

For my sons Halloween party a mom had the kids make bird feeder wreaths. It was very inexpensive and lots of fun! She gave the kids little tiny grapevine wreaths she had purchased from a craft store (Hobby Lobby). Then the kids had fun spreading peanut butter on the front side of the wreath and then dipped them in bird seed. She had pre-tied each wreath with twine so when they finished they could take them home and hang them on thier trees. It turned out really cute!

For his Valentines party, I bought pre-cut foam hearts and shapes which are inexpensive and gave them all a blank card and envelope and they made homemade cards and that was fun too.

Here is a good winter game for a Christmas party, have the girls line up and the boys line up, give the first person in line a pair of mittens and a piece of wrapped candy. They have to unrap the candy with the mittens on and when done they have to pass the mittens to the next person in line and they then unwrap a piece of candy. The line that finishes first wins!

Hope this helps!
Angie
Old 12-04-2003, 06:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Christmas game for 1st graders

The room mom of my 1st graders class just called and asked me to come up with a game the kids could play at their Christmas class party....any suggestions?

Unsure how to ask for replies so here is my email address also..
Debby R.

Last edited by ajrsmom; 12-02-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentoringmom
One of the most well received ones that we did was a
Ice Cream Sundae party.
We got the soft serve ice cream from DQ- and they donated
the ice cream cups.

Several moms brought in great toppings in addition to the traditional Chocolate and Carmel we had:
Fresh Strawberries
A mixed berry combo - Blackberries, Blueberries and Raspberries
Thick maple syrup
Crushed pineapple
Fresh peaches
M and M's
Crushed Oreos
Crushed Health Bars
Reese's Bits
Gummy Bears
Snickers pieces!!!(My favorite!)

The kids really enjoyed this and as we had enough
Moms to help and make sure they didn't pile on too
much stuff!!

Blessings to you and yours,

Jeanne
;-)
I Mentor Moms to Success
Last yr. I helped out both of my kids' classes - kindergarten and 5th grade - with a sundae party! The kids loved it!

When my son was in 3rd grade, I was in charge of his class Christmas party. I set up 5 stations with different crafts at each table. (they had a big classroom)

They did:

Paint Stirrer Snowman (one of my favorite crafts ever!!) -- Ask Lowes or Home Depot to donate paint stirrers to you. I told a young man what I was doing with them and he was nice enough to give them to me!
foam star tree ornament, -- you can get the kits really cheap at Michael's or other craft stores
reindeer food with oats and glitter - we scooped it into baggies and stapled a poem to it
Gift bags which they used to carry their stuff home in. Decorated with markers and stickers and glitter (trust me, skip the glitter!)
Reindeer faces by tracing their foot for the body and their hands for the antlers. Glue on eyes and a red pom pom nose

For favors I put together puzzle booklets by printing word searches and jokes onto paper, printing them, punching a hole in one of the top corners and tying them together with ribbon. I also made two reindeer cookies (one of my favorite cookies for kids that I have created!)for each child and we gave out juice drinks. We could serve homemade snacks at this school but at their current schools, they are not allowed so be sure that you know their rules!

I asked for volunteers to help out in the class - I got help from 2 parents

One of the other parents went in 1/2 with me on the costs

The key to pulling all of this off is to plan well ahead of time and get everything put together for each station. Bring extras for everything!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Last edited by ajrsmom; 12-02-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

A game the little ones seem to like is Christmas Bingo......Instead of numbers put different Christmas stickers on each bingo board. Use Christmas Hershey Kisses or any small candy as markers. There are no loosers because each child gets to keep their candy, the child that really won gets a small trinket like a pencil or candy cane......

Q. Why do ghosts shiver and moan? A. It's drafty under that sheet.

Happy Halloween
Caroline
Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

Generic Ideas probably would work best for you and you can modify them according to holiday/occasion. My ideas would be;

Bingo - there are sites you can access to print bingo cards that say another word at top, for instance "cupid" for valentines day. You put in any word at top you like. They can cover the #s called with a holiday item such as, choc.kisses for valentines day, starburst, etc. If food make sure they are individually wrapped or they will get eaten before you play the game.

Stamping - cut potatoe halfs with themed cookie cutters and you have instant stamps to dip in paint. For instance, a Christmas tree for Christmas, heart for valentines, etc.. They can either make homemade wrapping paper with it or scenes, etc. You can also use other veggies/fruits to get different shapes. Carrot for small circle, apple, brocolli cut down center to get "mini trees", artichokes to get a rose patterned circle, etc.

Puzzles - there are websites you can make a personalized puzzle by putting descriptions or children's names into as well as holiday words.

Puzzle piece picture frames - paint puzzle pieces by holiday color and glue around a cardboard shape w/ center cut out.

necklaces - either die macaroni, use fruit loops, etc. and string necklaces.

Paper Chains - You can use theme colors, write on them theme related. Use them for decor or for count downs.

Fan folding garland - Fold paper fan like and cut out theme pic connecting at sides so when pulled apart they make a chain of the pic. Example; gingerbread men connected by hands, tap the whole classes together to create a garland around the room.

Stations would probably work best for most of this. If the child had a card with all the stations pictured on it, after attending say 4 out of 6 stations they are eligible to pick a prize out of the treasure box. Which the treasure box can be made up of items you find during the summer at lawnsales for little $, such as matchbox cars, action figures, stickers, McDonalds toys, etc.

Hope this helps! If you need more let me know, these are just quick things that came to mind.