Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Ages & Stages From their first baby breath to their 18th birthday, children experience thousands of milestones. Talk about them all here.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

All my kids have had nick names except the oldest. Not sure why...

some are just shortened versions (like Ray Ray for Sharayah)
my dad calls Dominic "D. Earl" because Earl is my dad's name... When he was little his gramma used to call him a "sobie sac; because he is always so sober"- she would say
When Caleb was a baby we called him Caleb-Bee, or Beezer. Made sense because the "be" went with the sound in his name... When Noah came along, he became "Noah Bee", then Savannah was "Annah Bee"
Savannah has had tons of nick-names :Annah, Annah Bee, Grace (her middle name) and I always call her Gracie.

The kids have started their own nick names: Dominic is Domioes, Noah is Thomasina (middle name is Thomas) and of course Micah they tease as Makayla (in all fairness, he does scream like a girl! LOL!)

"In my distress I cried to the Lord, and He heard me."
Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Kara was "Karebear", Kendra was "kendybear", Krista was "Pootsie", Katrina was "Punkin Duncan", Kelly was "kellyGirl"-except we knew she was not a temp; Kayla never had a nickname that I remember.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Found this thread and thought I would add my 2 cents

When my dd was born, we named her Alexis Cathering Jade and nicknamed her Allie Cat and somehow also started calling her Beebadeep which sometimes got shortened to "the deep" She was also called "Lexi Booboo". I still use Allie Cat occasionally but now she prefers just Lexi

Ds2, who is named Stuart Nicholas Henry was nicknamed Stu-bop-a-doo which he now truly hates, though i still sometimes call him Stu-bop or Stu-bee. Boy do I get in trouble if it is in front of his friends. Mostly now he is called Stu or Stuart. Luckily Stuie never caught on.

My youngest, ds2, was called toodleooos" when he was small. Dh often called him "Stinky Dumbo" because he thought his ears were huge when he was born and every time dh held him he would poop in his diaper (hence the stinky part) To this day ds2 still likes it when I call him toodleooos as long as it is not in front of his friends.

~Mother Theresa

Old 12-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Assistant Moderator

With lots of new member any new nick names?

Old 12-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We never had a nick name for our oldest either and not sure why. However, our youngest is named Summer and her grandfather started calling her Tum-Tum. I don't know why, but it stuck. We call our oldest granddaughter Miss Thang, because she thinks that she is all that. She is really narcissistic. LOL The youngest grandson, we call Tre because he is the 3rd of the same name.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:26 PM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am like a mother to my boyfriends son Andrew, he is, just like his father, the center of my world, and I have plenty of nicknames for my little man. Haha.

Boo-Bear
Drewster
Drew-Babes
Dino-Baby (he likes to rawr a lot)
Muffin
Drew-Drew
Monkey Boy (furniture is no match for this little guys constant jumping)
Lover-Bug
Snoogs
ect ect...

I don't care how poor a man is; if he has family, he's rich.
~Dan Wilcox and Thad Mumford, "Identity Crisis," M*A*S*H
Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
FamilyCorner Addict

Aubrie,
We had 9 Andrew's at one time in our family. Ours wasn't Baby Andrew, he was Andrew baby.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My Andrew goes by Andy unless your Grandma...she calls him AJ. (We'd planned on calling him that but Andy just stuck).

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

My oldest has always been Pinky (her hair is red not as red as it use to be) her actual name is Merri Ruth. The others are just short for their name, Gina, Judy and Kenny but David has always been David
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Coll, I love the nickname "Andrew baby"

~Mother Theresa