Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Adoption

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:52 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Adoption?

I was going to put this in the parenting section but I wasn't sure where.
My husband & I are in the process of adoption and I was curious if anyone else here has ever adopted a child or children. We want to adopt a sibling group and we're going to do it through the state. We like the idea of removing children from a foster care situation and giving them a permemant home.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:37 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great idea, I've added an adoption forum for you. Hope you get some answers!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just want to add my support to you. DH and I are TTC, but I would also like to adopt. I was a biological child and I have a sister who was adopted. She is also of a different race than myself or our family. I can't imagine my family being any other way!
Old 07-22-2002, 07:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

WOW!! A new forum just because of my post!! I'm honored!!

Hi Renee. What is TTC?
Old 07-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sorry - TTC is "trying to conceive".
Old 07-22-2002, 08:20 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks, I had never saw that abbreviation before. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Adoption success story

We are the proud parents of two children adopted out of the foster care system. After being told that neither of us would ever have children (double infertility), we opted to bring a sister and brother, ages 2 and 4 into our home for foster care. They placed them in our home with the condition of eventual adoption. Our daughter had been exposed to drugs and alcohol and had some problems due to abuse, but with lots of love, patience and prayers, she has turned out to be quite a remarkable young woman. Our son has no recollection of his life before coming into our home, and has shown no ill-effects of any past abuse.

The beautiful part of this story is that we were blessed with a third and fourth miracle 13 years after being told we were infertile...two beautiful daughters, now ages 2 and 4, born with the use of NO medical treatments or interventions. Even more miraculous, they act and look just like our two oldest children! My oldest daughter gets so tickled when people come up to her and tell her how much she and her little sister look alike! We know that this was a match made in heaven!

We would not change a thing about our family, and although there were adjustments and battles in the course of 14 years, we would never second-guess this choice to adopt our two miracles, and would even consider another adoption in the near future! Please know there are so many children out there in foster care whose only desire is to be adopted and part of a "real" family!
Old 07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

adoption

I am now 50 . My sister and I were adopted when I was 10 and she was 9. I had actually lived with my adoptive parents from near birth. My sister lived with her birth parents until about the time she started school; then she cam to live with the parents that would adopt us both at the same time. She grew up a very bitter, and resentful girl. I have no problems at all; maybe because the adoptive parents were the only parents I ever knew.
I have as an adult come to know my birth mother, and now have a relationship with her. She is not a mother figure, but more like a friend or perhaps sister. Actually I am closer to her than with the sister who was adopted when I was.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:42 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle

Wow! I am very happy that some child(ren) will have u for a mother. There are so many children out there that need good homes. I am excited and in awe of what you are doing I have four biological children and wished I could adopt but my own are a hand full I know God will find the children that need you the most. They will be lucky to have you.Good Luck and God Bless
Old 07-29-2002, 07:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

What is the process to adopt children through the state?

we want to adopt in a few years but I have not looked into it yet because I know once I did I would no longer be able to wait.

gina.