Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Adoption

Old 08-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

DH and I are adoptive parents too. We were blessed to have one son, the old fashioned way, and after several years decided it wasnt fair to him to be an only child--we would always know "who did it!"

We became foster parents and over the course of 8 years, have had 21 children in our home. We adopted 2 of them several years back and are working on the adoption of 2 boys we currently have with us.

One of the most beautiful moments of adoption is when the judge looked at us and asked us if we understood that they would be ours, as if they were born to us, and have all the same rights as any biological children we have. For some reason, that really touched my heart and we were thrilled to say "YES!"

If anyone is concerned about not loving an adopted child as you do a biological child, let me assure you that you will. I have both and bleieve me when I say, one is not more to me than the other. They are all so different, fun and unique.

We do see ourselves in them sometimes and we look at each other and raise our eyebrows in wonder....how can they be so much like us in this way when there is no blood connection. I guess it is because there is a heart connection!

I'd love to talk about adoption. I am living my dream of being a mom to lots of kids!
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi,
dh and I received our daughter when she was 1 day old back on Dec 28, 2000. She's 7 now and I wouldn't have my family any other way! We are planning to adopt an older child this time around since dd is 7 and we are in our mid-40's.
Marj, I loved your story! Not long after bring dd home I met a woman in a grocery store. She came up to me and asked me if my dd was adopted. I was shocked because, although dd is biracial, she was a fair skinned baby..now she' my "island princess" (LOL!). Anyway, she told me that she was barren for a long time and she and her husband adopted their oldest son. During the process of adopting she found out she was pregnant. She had her bio-son within a month of adopting her oldest!! She said that they are like twins.
Are any of your children of a different race or culture?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Dstoeck,
It is now over 18 months since I told my story on this thread. No, my children are all of the same race and culture, although a litle foster boy was of Greek origin. We had over 37 years ago and have no contact at all.
At this very time, adopted ds has taken his wife and 3 children across to the other side of Australia to visit his "birth" mum, with my blessing. He is actually 47 tomorrow and I hope they have a good day. She has not met the baby, Courtney. These children are her only grandchildren although she had 3 other sons.
I hope they are having a happy time. Our laws do not allow us to adopt over 40, they do not like us adopting at 35, but sometimes God over rules and it happens.
Your little "island princess" must be such a treasure.
Bless you all, Marj

God is silently planning for you in love, for it matters to Him about you. Zeph.3:17
Old 01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Dear Dianne,
What a wonderful story. I am so happy that you and your husband were able to add Ally to your family. Adoption is a great Blessing for everyone involved. I am unfortunately neither a parent by nature nor adoption, but I am part of the triad connection, being both an adopted child and a reunited natural child (4th of 5, 3 older and 1 younger stayed w/"Mother"). About the only thing I wish I could change about my situation, has nothing to do with either of my parents, but how the Government is still butting in. It's really rather sad to a degree, so many children who need and want homes, and so many Government laws/rules that have stipulations about these children having loving and caring families / parents to give them what they need and deserve. Makes my heart so happy to read stories like yours, with a happy ending of sorts.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins