Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Ages & Stages > Adolescence

Adolescence That fiery time prior to your child becoming a teenager. Their bodies are filled with hormones and turmoil. How are you coping?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Question Boys jeans

My sons grow so fast, yet I know that my oldest will be growing twice as fast in a matter of months. Seems like they just shoot up sometime between the ages of 11 and 13!

Where do you find the best deals on blue jeans for a growing boy? What brand has held up the best for you? I'm hoping to find a brand that he will outgrow before they wear out, so that I can pass the jeans down to his brother.

Kelly H.
Old 03-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Here at our sears store when you buy levi or lee jeans and they wear out you just take them and the reciept back adn they exchange them. They aren't the least expensive jueans but the turn them back in works well. I do it even if they don't fit any more and then put the new ones back for the younger siblings. They also have a kidvantage program where they keep track or your purchases in the kids dept. and when you spend $150 you get a couopon for 15% off your whole next kids clothing purchase.
Smiles
Denise
Old 03-26-2002, 08:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Kelly,

Is there any brand of jeans that kids can outgrow before they wear out?? It seems like my ds (9) is always wearing out the knees on his. I'm lucky though because my mil is a wonderful seamstress and does virtually invisible patch jobs on them.

For me it's a matter of price... I like to buy his at Target (Greatland brand) or Kids R Us (can't think of their brand right now). I can usually get these on sale for about $10/pair. Target more frequently, KRU about 2X year. I have had good luck with both of these. I am just not able to spend the money for Levi's or other name brands. I have also bought him some from Wal-Mart when I've been desperate for a pair and nobody else is running a sale. They're ok (just not my first choice).

Carrie
Old 03-27-2002, 05:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I've been buying the Faded Glory from Wal-Mart. They seem to be the only brand that fits decent since my boys are on the slim side.

A friend of mine has told me about the return program at Sears, but it wasn't for Levi's or Lee ... I can't think of the brand right now. It was a more expensive brand.

I really need to get to Sear's and see what they have to offer. With four boys, it will be easy to continue to pass the jeans down!

Kelly H.
Old 03-29-2002, 10:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Boys JEans

I buy my kids clothes at Sears because of the wear out guarantee (if it wears out they will replace the item in the same size) and when your purchases add up to $150.00 you get a 15% off coupon which can be used on any childrens items including sale and clearance items. In addition it can be combined with any of the other discount coupons that Sears offers several times a year. I try to buy at the end of the season for next year (this works on basic item that don't tend to go out of style). Most of the items are clearance and I try to buy when Sears has a customer appreciation sale or some other promotion and I combine it with my 15% discount coupon which provides significant savings for my family. I think I get a better deal than I do at Wal-Mart or some of the other discount stores both in Quality and price.
Old 03-30-2002, 11:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I had good luck with the Kids are us Brand, They are very durable, I have passed some from my son down to my daughter, because they don't look to boyish. In fact, next time we go shopping, (KRUS is an hour away) I'm going to go buy her some Boys huskies since they don't have girls plus sizes.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wow, I didn't even know about the return guarantee at Sears! Of course, I don't shop much at Sears...most of their stuff is out of our price range unless it's on clearance. With six kids to outfit, most of my jeans shopping is done at thrift stores and yard sales, but it seems that the Levi jeans do last longer...their in better shape when I buy them, and even if the knees do wear out, I can cut them off and hem for shorts or put decorative patches on them. My kids especially like the painted patches on their jeans.

If anyone knows the particular brand of jeans at Sears that is guarranteed, please post on this thread. My mother and sister buy for my kids at Sears, and it would be great to be able to exchange worn jeans for new...especially with three wearing similar sizes.

Charlene, mother to five

When God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.
Old 03-30-2002, 12:47 PM
New Neighbor
FamilyCorner Newbie

kid's clothes

I don't know how you feel about used clothing, but there are some great deals on eBay! A lot of times you can find clothes new with tags still on them.
Old 03-30-2002, 06:30 PM
marzeli

Jeans

My son is 9 and can really put jeans to the test. I've found that
Arizona and Route66 are the best. I get them at Walmart, and
with the Route66, I've bought below $9!!

What I do with my son, is after school, he must change into his
play jeans before going out to play. This way, his school clothes
last longer and I can either sell them on ebay or give them to his
friends who can fit into them after he's done wearing them.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:50 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Kids Clothes

I have also found good finds on ebay. I have purchased Levi jeans for my boys for as little as $2.00 per pair. I have yet to get anything on ebay that I haven't been happy with. Of course you need to watch what the shipping is because sometimes the shipping makes it not such a good deal. But I know what I would spend at a garage sale or new in the store and go from there.

Good Luck!!