Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 09-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Best Birthday!!!

What was the Best Bithday you have ever had and Why?

Mine was my 40th birthday!! I spent a week in Rhinebeck, NY at a Women's Summer camp ...singing, crafts, yoga, swimming, sauna, walking the labyrinth, meditation and quiet time and a wonderful train ride to get there!!!

I had written to all my girlfriends...all around the US...the month before asking them for friendship/memory letters to take with me on that special week!!! Both the week at Omega and those letters are memories I will treasure forever!!!

Peace,train
Old 09-10-2002, 09:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

What a cool birthday Train.

My best birthday ever was also my 40th--that would figure wouldn't it?

Anyway, here's the deal. We had gotten very unexpectedly pregnant and I was not real pleased with being 40 and pregnant. Well my DS was born four days before my birthday. So that was gift in and of itself. He was born with a pretty severe birth defect involving his feet (club feet). Until the afternoon of my birthday, we did not know if it was going to be correctable. We found out that afternoon and started the procedure that day--a new set of casts every week for six months, then surgery and more casts until he was nine months old. Anyway, it was a happy day because we had some real hope that our son would be able to walk.

As if that wasn't enough, my husband had told me that he had gotten my gift delivered like the day before my birthday. He was sweating bullets cuz he's thinking, "oh no" I can't give her nothing for her 40th! birthday!!! Anyway...

We all went out to dinner (at Hollihans cuz I love their soup). All four boys were there. It was our first dinner together as a family. The restaurant was fairly quiet and they gave us a round table secluded in the back. My husband was sitting beside me on my left and our brand new baby with his brand new casts was on my right. The other boys were all spiffied up and sitting across from me. One of them had the camera. We order our meal then my husband hands me this tiny box. I upwrap it and see that it is box that NICE jewelry comes in (I know this from watching TV because I've never had any nice jewelry). I'm thinking...oh my gosh! I open it up and there sat the prettiest pair of diamond earrings I've ever seen. I squeeled, my eyes teared up to where I couldn't see them (or anything), the camera went off, I wiped by eyes and saw the boys just beeming and my husband telling them that he must have done okay because I was crying. I hugged him, told he we couldn't afford them (because we couldn't) but that I was keeping them.

The staff at the restaurant when they heard and saw it was my birthday brought up this huge and I must say delicious piece of cake with ice cream and ohhed and ahhed over the baby and the earings. It was perfection.

I have only taken the earrings out to clean them and I have had them for four years. Clearly, I love them. My hubby did good and to say he surprised me is an understatement as I expected covers for my dining room table. His idea was much better than mine.

Thanks for letting me relieve the memory. 40's are great!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh my gosh, your special day made me cry, it was just so precious!!! What a loving family you have!!!
I am so happy to hear your baby boy was OK!! Wasn't turning 40 a great year!!!
Wear those diamonds sometime!!!!

Peace,train
Old 09-10-2002, 01:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Yes, I have a great family. I re-read my post and realized that it does read like I've never worn them. What I meant to say was that I put them in (I have pierced ears) and I've only taken them out to clean them. In other words I've worn them for four years. I love them obviously. My hair covers them most of the time and no one probably knows or cares I have them on except me (and DH). I wear them because they are precious to me.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was glad to read tha because I thought you meant you had them in a box tucked away somewhere!!!
My mom always says to use the "good stuff"...I need to make Mark a dinner using our china soon!!! Seems I only use it for Easter and Thanksgiving!!!
peace,train
Old 09-14-2002, 01:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I have had many special birthdays, not because of special restaurants, or presents but memories. It must have been my 30-or 31st when my son was 10 or so. He baked me a birthday cake by himself, for which I was most impressed. It looked very nice, and I complemented him. However, when I went to cut it, it was hard as a rock. I couldn't even get a knife through it, and the more I tried, the funnier it got. I came to find out, that he was afraid of the oven. Instead of taking the cake out at the end of the time, he left it in until the oven was cool (about another hour or so). We all laughed so hard we were crying and rolling on the floor. He is 32 now, and we still laugh about it.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

How absolutely endearing. What a sweet memory.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Y'all have such sweet birthday memories! The earrings and baby! The harder than a rock birthday cake made by a sweet 10-year old! And a week long pleasure trip with wonderful letters to read from your dear friends! What great memories!
My memory is about my ex who was a very good father and husband in many ways. On my 30th (?) birthday we went to one of our favorite steak houses with a dear couple of ours and had a nice meal. After leaving the place, the husband of the other couple complained about his shoe being too tight. We were on our way to a night spot. He wanted to go home and change into more comfortable shoes. So we went to the house and they asked us to come in and my ex was wanting to go in and I told him if we went in, we'd never leave. But he insisted we would leave. So I followed him into the darkened house. When I got in and my eyes adjusted I asked no one in particular what the balloons were for. Right then the lights went on, and there were all my friends! I couldn't believe my eyes! I was never so surprised in my whole life! He thought of it and my girlfriend offered her home and her help. It was a wonderful night and as you can tell I have some wonderful friends!
Old 09-15-2002, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Georgieanna how great was that!
Old 09-15-2002, 06:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

There are sooo many wonderful birthdays but I have to say one of the most memorable (so far LOL) was yesterday Probably because it's still so fresh in my mind LOL - My 2 sisters & I along with our good friend Peggy all went to Binghamton for the afternoon/night. We went to the Christian Book Store and then on to Red Lobster (yum) Afterwards we walked over to Gertrude Hawkes (second favorite thing after reading books) and then on to the Steve Green concert!! It was wonderful!!! All those great songs with little devotionals added in here & there. After we left there, on to Friendly's!!! Yes, we were full but we had the most wonderful time - And today!!! Out with my hubby for dinner while the kids stay with my MOM. It's going to be my 39th bday which has been kinda depressing for me but hey, bdays keep getting better & better!!! Can't wait for next year