Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 09-03-2002, 11:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Location: Live in own home in rural WV town next to Maryland.
Exclamation My date of birth is Sept. 11, 1952:

I am writing because of the tragedy that happened last year on my birthday. I was outraged and guess I still am. I was saddened and of course I still am. I was shocked, but that has worn off. I shall never feel the same as I did prior to last year, how could I. But if you read your Bible, you know that you are to be aware and ready for even more to happen. I know it will. I believe that worse is yet to come, but that we shall all make it thru. I did not loose anyone near or dear to me at the World Trade Center, or the airplane crashes. I did, however, loose four very dear people on October 27, 1997. My nephew was on medication, he hallucinated and shot his father, my ex-mother-in-law, my ex-brother-in-law and his father, my brother James. He also shot my son, Pat, and then took his own life. I lost a mother, a friend, my nephew, and my brother that day. I thought that the world had ended, but it is still going on, with my son being handicapped and my life never the same. I found I had strength that I did not even know existed. I was strong for myself and others. We cannot go back, or we should surely change so many things, but we must go forward. We must try to accept, even if we do not know why, how, etc. We must learn to accept and to change things for the future. I would like to think that that is what will come from Sept. 11, 2001---A change and new revival for God and for America. We must work together and protect and change. Our children deserve our protection and love, they also deserve a change to accomplish this for their future. The loss was great, the hurt is also, but tomarrow will come unless God decides to change that. I thank everyone who helped in any way, from rescue, search, prayers, food, etc. to just feeling the sadness. We all were hurt and injured, but we all tie together for the good ole U.S.A.

Last edited by Valwinal; 09-03-2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Val,

Your strength is admirable.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:02 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you. I just am not really that strong, it is God within me that makes me strong. I love the little fairy exert. I hope others can find strength from what I said. It is nice to know that you think I am strong. I will try to remember that whenever I feel weakest.:p
Old 09-08-2002, 08:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes Val, you are very strong. And God is ALWAYS there for you. You have been through more than any one person should ever have to go through in a life time. I cannot even begin to imagine.

I think you should not turn the t.v. on on your birthday and just enjoy the day and make it very special because it is YOUR birthday and you are here to enjoy it. T.V will be depressing that day so make the effort to celebrate your birthday in a special way.

Thanks for the fairy comment. I think it is so cute too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!!

Old 10-01-2002, 11:32 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Mine and twin brothers day too.

This is my special day(1970) too along with my twin brother... Last year I had the tv on this year I did not....
Tried to just keep the day stress free and enjoyable...
Old 10-01-2002, 12:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Update to my birthday

I thank all the people who have been praying for me, I really felt those prayers on my birthday. Wow! I just wanted to say that I did not watch TV and that I spent a rather quiet day and reflected on my life and my loved ones. I still morn and I guess I always will, but I also believe in going on. I am sorry for others who share this day with me, but I know we are strong, or we would not be here. I wish you all strength and happiness and loads of love. I no longer feel alone, thanks to you and I no longer feel like God has not given me a sign, He has, it was you. Thru you, He has shown me that I am just one of many and that we are all in His hands. I hope we all can remember that and next year again, join together and reflect. Thank you for caring, sharing and your love.