Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:03 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Keep on doing what you're doing, Sueanne! Congrats to you on your good health and youthfulness!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Addict

I had the bad one at 25, quarter of a century thing, not happy, etc. Got over that.
Didn't think any others would bother me, but 60 this past fall did.
I feel much younger, and keep getting told I don't look it, so all is good.
I too, look forward to 100 (if healthy)!!!!!!!!

As you age, the younger these numbers seem to be. REMEMBER when 21 seemed old?? Now, 65 sounds like a young year to me.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:41 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL! I remember my 25th B'Day, too, and how everyone made such a fuss over it, saying things like, "you're a quarter of a century old", and "you're only a quarter of the way".

My 25th never bothered me, but looking back on it now, none of my birthdays back then did, but somehow after 40, that all changed, and after 50, wow! Big change! I dream of being able to roll the clock back all the time.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Nine Year Member

When I was 25 I was amazed I'd made it that far and celebrated with a tattoo (a small flower) which was not that popular back then. I said I would get every 25 year anniversary but 50 came and went without one. Don't think I will at 75 either. Being 100, well I must might but by then they'll have something different to do.

Now when someone says that they are in their 40s I think I still am, hard to believe I'll be 60 next year.

Turning sixty is a big one in our family because all the men, being heavy smokers, died in their 50s, and all the women survived them well into their 80s.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member

Ellen, at 100 you may not remember you wanted to get a tattoo!

I will be 50 in 42 days. Time to get serious about losing 40 lbs which should also get me off of most of the medicine I take and be easier on my heart.

Roberta
Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Nine Year Member

ha ha Roberta! so true! I was also wondering if anyone would do it or if the doctor would advise against it since healing and infection are such problems in advanced ages

oh that weight thing! I just saw a commercial said losing 7% of your body weight reduces the risk of Diabetes by over 50%

but what would gaining do? raise my risk by 50%?

oh and Happy Birthday in Advance Roberta! the big 5-0 is not so scary on this side of it....

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

My 59th birthday falls two days before Easter this year. It is not a big thing but my mom started getting Alzheimer's at 69 and sometimes I think that I already have some short-term memory loss..
Old 03-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member

can't remember any birthday I dreaded.. Now having reached 60 last summer, I still don't dread any-just say I'm lucky in my health at this age. I know so many people who are in bad health and are a lot younger than me.. knock on wood.. I had a compliment a few months ago. One of the vendors (at work) who I'm friendly with one day asked me if I was married, which he really already knew; I told him yes and been that way for 40 years. He said that I didn't look like I'd been married that long and mentioned that I could only be in my mid to late 30's.. I laughed and told him Thanks, but no I just hit 60. We talked about how it's a lot harder to guess some peoples ages these days with how they take care of themselves.. I did tell him that having never smoked, nor wore makeup much, I haven't gotten the wrinkles a lot of women get because the skin is dried out..
This is the exact opposite of what happened to me when I was 18. working in retail there was a guy who thought I was 30, mainly because I worked when I was at work and didn't cut up and play around like everyone else did..
And I don't do anything to keep myself healthy.. I eat mostly what I want, don't really get exercise except at work.. that'll probably have to change down the road though, hopefully not anytime soon..