Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 AM
Nine Year Member

My last one.

The rest are just a number and another day in my life.

Roberta
Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Assistant Moderator

some likes to remain a certain age. LOL.
FOR Me,proud that I can wear my red hat and stand proud to be a red hatter. Yes those under 50 can wear pink and wait till they turn 50. I can remember asking my husband since he was 15 yrs older than myself, how it felt. He didn't have a problem with his age either. Until his health started to get bad, and that what he requet along with not able to do things he wanted to do.
Age is a number, and we all grow older with each day.

another way I look at it with each passing year, it one day closer to when the LORD may take me to be with HIM. Not that I'm ready not really, as there things I still would like to do, and go.

Enjoy life as much as you can for it is short, and time goes by way to fast.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

My Birthday's never bothered me either. I was just commiserating on my next one last night. I'll be 62 and you know I sure don't feel like it. Still feel like I did when I was 40.

I have outlived my Mother's age and I thought that was old. How did I get this old! LOL
Old 04-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member

can't say I've ever dreaded a birthday, except that maybe I'd like someone else to think about it and plan a little something for it.. not me planning my own bd dinner.. LOL
Old 12-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Nine Year Member

I've never dreaded any birthday.....I'm happy I'm still alive!!!
Old 12-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

That is a great way to look at it Caroline.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Nine Year Member

Having spent the last 3 days in the hospital having a mild heart attack and pneumonia I will great my 50th birthday in less than 2 months with open arms.

Roberta
Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 AM
Nine Year Member

My sister had a mild heart attack and stent early on, she is well now into her sixties. I don't dread a bday except 75 seems like a big mile marker to me, that's just 15 years away, so I want to get working on my bucket list!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-05-2015, 06:54 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm young at heart, so birthdays don't effect me all that much, but I'm dreading my 100th Birthday bash. I just don't know where I'll find the energy to entertain. LOL!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Nine Year Member

Getting ready for my 78th birthday this year. Trying to do everything to stay healthier. All my cousins my age either have dementia or other health problems. My Mom lived to 95 with me never worried about age. Try to keep her outlook. Taking care of my Dh & Ds each day is a full job. Hopefully my Dh continues to feel alright. Glad I still can do it. Think using my Ninja to make smoothies gives me the energy to get going. So happy I live in Florida!
________
Sueanne