FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   About You (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/about-you/)
-   -   What is the best thing a friend has ever done for you? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/about-you/26572-what-best-thing-friend-has-ever-done-you.html)

DeBora4BobbyL 12-02-2009 02:27 PM

What is the best thing a friend has ever done for you?

I have been thinking about the terrific friends that I have and the wonderful ways they are such good friends. What are some of the great things your friends have done for you?

Mine have offered a kidney to me when they thought I might need one and even dropped everything they were doing, even taking off work, to tend to my grandchildren when they were placed with me. I could go on and on, but that tops my list.

Sammi1961 12-09-2009 04:26 PM

I have a lot of wonderful friends who have done a lot of great things for me over the years but one thing that stands out is my best friend gave me the coolest going away present right before I left for college. It was full of fancy hand painted tacks, school supplies a beautiful Cross pen and all kinds of other neat things. It was such a surprise. She also drove to Boston with my mom and me to help me move in. Saying goodbye to her that day was so hard (we had always been inseparable) but to this day we are still best friends and call each other and see each other whenever we can even though we live an hour and a half away from each other.

trainlady 12-11-2009 12:34 PM

That is so sweet, Sammi! Sounds like she is a forever and ever friend!

I too have lots of wonderful friends who have given in so many ways. The one that I remember dearly is when Cheryl and Dale helped us out financially when Mark had a stroke. I just couldn't get over her generosity and i started crying.
She is my forever and ever friend!

hugs, train:fireworks

Miss Money Penny 03-20-2015 12:10 PM

My SIL, who just so happens to be my best friend, offered to come stay at our house when we adopted our last two, so she could help with their care.

As it was, dear SIL didn't end up staying at our house, however, she did visit daily for the better part of two weeks, helping with everything from cleaning, to laundry, to changing diapers.

cat lover 05-29-2015 12:40 AM

bump

bluebird 09-14-2015 07:05 AM

When my son had open heart surgery st age five, his diet after was a nightmare. 300 mg a day. He couldn't have dairy at all. A friend brought us a homemade peach pie. Zero sodium.

crochet2 09-20-2015 02:36 AM

My best male friend, made it possible for me to be a homeowner, first by getting me the house for rent (took me for an interview with the owner), then after they offered to sell me the house, took out every wall, and put insulation in, added missing studs, put in up-to-code studs where there were only 3/4 studs, and redoing walls, and supervising workers while I was at work. From time to time has mowed the lawn and shoveled the snow.

Lately he made it possible for me to become an instructor for the American Heart Association and makes sure I am on the list to instruct.

Norma

Sueanne 09-20-2015 05:09 PM

When my Ds & Dh both were in the hospital five years ago my neighbor volunteered to help me out going shopping for groceries and doctor visits. Since I cannot see anymore in one eye to drive it was like God answering my prayers. She is younger and a widow, and believes in helping others. I feel like she is family now and can call her in any emergency. Other people have helped but she is my true close friend now. Most of my friends when I moved here are gone or in an assisted living home so happy to have younger friends.
________
Sueanne

Sueanne 09-28-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Money Penny (Post 1171805)
My SIL, who just so happens to be my best friend, offered to come stay at our house when we adopted our last two, so she could help with their care.

As it was, dear SIL didn't end up staying at our house, however, she did visit daily for the better part of two weeks, helping with everything from cleaning, to laundry, to changing diapers.

Miss Money Penny....So proud of you adopting your last two children and now having six. You have a wonderful SIL to be there when you needed her most.
_______
Sueanne

bar_bar 06-24-2016 02:11 PM

I have been blessed with friends, but I think I would have to say, the friend that waS not a friend to me at the time, but turned into a good friend, who allowed me to come live with them for almost 5 years.. and that would of been Gloria.
what a way to start a friendship to accept someone you don't know to come move in with them.. not only that but until Iwas able to get on my disability I couldn't work, and they were there to help me to get on it.

Like I saId I can call many wonderful things people has done for me and appreciate it all.