Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 06-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What makes you unique?

In many ways, we are so much alike. But, it has been said that people are like snowflakes and we are all different. What makes you unique and different or special from others? What makes you so outstanding? What do others not know about you? Do you have any special talents or an interesting history?

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I know a wide variety of information, and yet seem to have lost the command of "knowing" anything of great value. An example of this is a board meeting I attended the other night,a nd during social hour we were discussing raccoon visits when I made the comment of how raccoons are one of the smartest canine mammals, yet I was unaware that the Mainecoon cat (I am an owner of two mixes of this breed) was the first cat introduced to the Americas.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What makes me unique is my quirkiness and my child "likeness."
Ironically though, it's why my friends like me! LOL!!

My biggest quirk is probably that I celebrate Christmas all year! I keep my tree up and put the lights on most every night when I am reading or watching TV. If I am feeling sad about something I will put the lights on and take a nap under my tree!
I listen to Christmas music atleast once a week!

My chidlikeness comes from never having kids so in some ways, I never really grew up!
(And my nieces like me for that!)
They know they are going to get candy and not much discipline from Auntie Donna~~

hugs, train
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What makes you unique and different or special from others? I don't know

What makes you so outstanding?
I don't know

What do others not know about you? alot, and how bad I'm hurting inside... how weak I'm really am.
Do you have any special talents or an interesting history? Yes
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Dear Barbar,
What makes you UNIQUE is that big heart you have and your willingness to help anyone who is hurting, in any way.
You do that thru prayer and conversation and I have been in the shoes of that help many times.
I remember back on that prayer chain, when I was active, how you would stay up late at night watching and praying for anyone who needed prayer.

You have inspired people on FAithwriters.

You are an amazing "bapticostal" woman!!!!!

What makes you SPECIAL is your ability to keep helping out your dear grandchildren time and time and time again stopping your life to jump into whatever mess has been made at the time.
You are just THERE, period and I hope Melissa knows how blessed she is to have a mom like you who will do that.
I KNOW your grandaughters know they are blessed to have a grandma like you.

You have overcame your speech difficulties and now teach young children.....that IS special!
Remember when you went blind one time, and God restored your sight......then here on FC you use that sight to read when others are hurting or need someting and you do that in your life everyday, with all your family. ...Ann...and Jeanete....

You are very creative and I have been blessed with a beautiful train picture album which I treasure to this day!

You are a STRONG woman, having lost your mom, (having the chance to reconcile with her first)
stepdad and now John, you will make it, sweetie, you will. It won't be easy.

So you have those "indian war crys" as you call them honey because you are grieving right now and that is perfectly normal.

Even more important than being unique os special though, you are LOVING!
You gave your all to your dear John to make sure he was comfortable in his last days here. You loved him with everything and all you had. We know that from your writings and I know that from meeting you.
You two were made for one another.
My heart breaks for you now as you are grieving forJohn but we are all here for you to listen to you vent, cry and "polish yourself up and make yourself new again. "
I am so proud of you for getting out there and joining Redhats and going to grief sharing groups. I love you and am so proud to call you my friend.

So sweetie, you ARE unique, special creative and loving and I want to make sure you know that!!

love you, Donna

Old 07-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

you were right I hadn't seen this before,
I'm writing with tears flowing down my cheek, and if I could I would grab you thur this screen and give you a big hug for the words and kindness..
Are you sure you not seeing thru color glasses, LOL...
I just do my best and I'm just me,
and now I'm going to go to college to try to get my teaching degree, and hope I will pass it.
I know GOD is holding my hand and helping me thru this grief I must carry right now. GOD is doing that with friends like yourself and so many others here at FC. For the love gift that Donna Maried send me from several from here at FC, for the cards that was send to me during John's death, along with phone calls, and friendship that been showed.

Melissa and I are bonding and she been by my side thru John's death.

thank you so much again for the sweet and kind words. I am going to save it.
but remember you and many others are
VERY SPECIAL INDEED, and it easy to show friendship when it been given first, which so many has done.

I had to get my humor back for my grandbabies and not allow the humor John taught me to die. So I joined Red hats. LOL
so watch out for some of that humor may show up on the boards at time. LOL.

again thanks for pointing out a little bit about me for right now I'm a lost puppy, but with friends like yourself and few others I'm not so lost. One day I will be a different me, but I hope that if those are the special uniques about me I will not ever lose those traits. If I do please tap me on the shoulder or kick me in the behind.. Ok.

Love you sweety..and glad we found the lost dog that day too.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We both know a thing or two about lost puppies, don't we!

love you sweetie, Donna
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barb Train said it best!!! Hugs to you. You have found the courage to put one foot in front of the other. You have kept your humor. The first year is over. It will be okay, I promise you!! I say that a lot but I mean it.

What makes you unique and different or special from others?
I am quirky too! Dance to the beat of my own drum and I love it. I am very creative in everyway, from baking to my yard.

What makes you so outstanding?
There is only one of me! I now feel comfortable shining my light, comfortable in my own skin.

I embrace who I am. Love the qurikiness!!

What do others not know about you?
How really scared I am at times.

Do you have any special talents or an interesting history?
I can make something out of nothing almost. With my history, finally I am at peace and I am calm. What a wonderful feeling!!!!!!!!!!!! I love life and love to show that love.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I was just rereading how I answered this post a few years ago and I am STILL exactly the same way! I have always had this child likeness about me. I wonder, had I had children if that would have been a good or bad thing?

hugs, train
Old 11-02-2013, 11:01 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm just myself... never try to be things or someone I am not... never sway from my traditional ways... always dependable... always on time... am completely and totally satisfied with very little... don't ask for anything.