Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 06-20-2002, 01:28 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Birthdays and other celebrations

It is just on 8.30 on the morning of June 21 here in New Zealand and the weather couldn't be worse!!!!! The sky is leaden and I have never seen it so dark at this hour so why am I so happy? It's our 50th. Wedding Anniversary and we have wonderful children who have been planning a celebration over the past 2 years. It may be a horrible Winter's day here but I don't really see it.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary (belatedly)

Helllo Maureen,
It's Sunday evening here in England and I was just browsing this forum and saw your post about your 50th wedding anniversary. I'm a bit late but Congratulations!! What kind of celebration did your children plan? I hope you had a wonderful time!!

You mentioned it's winter there. I know the seasons are reversed but what is your winter in New Zealand like exactly? Does it get very cold? I don't know much about your country. I did see the movie, "The Lord of the Rings" that was filmed there. After seeing that movie, I fell in love with New Zealand! What a beautiful country!

What is life like there? Do you live in a town, city or out in the country? I live in a small town in southeastern England, about halfway between London and Cambridge. I'm married to a Brit and have two wonderful sons, aged 13 and 10.

I would love to keep corresponding with you. Take care.
Bye for now,
Maureen (yes, that's my name too!!)
Old 06-30-2002, 12:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Would love to correspond with you. My E is
[email protected]
Don't object to publication of this address.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Maureen,
Thank's for your email address and I will write to you.
bye for now,
Maureen
Old 06-30-2002, 03:52 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I've been away from the boards for a while and also missed this post - I truly wish I could have sent well wishes on your special day!

Congratulations on a wonderful acheivement in your life. I can't wait to celebrate my 50th (even if I do have to wait another 47 years for it!)

Hope you had an amazing anniversary! Your children are very special to have planned for it for so long!
Old 06-30-2002, 04:38 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you so much for writing and its lovely to hear your comments on our 5oth. My word, you do have a long way to go and although one can't expect things to always run smoothly, I hope your way through life won't be too rough !!!!! If you would like to drop me a few lines I should be happy to hear from you. Many thanks again Maureen [email protected]
Old 06-30-2002, 05:08 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

How right you are ... I don't expect things to always be smooth but I can tell you this first (almost) 3 years has been just that (Thank the Lord!) ... I was married previously and he had lived with someone for quite some time. I think both of those relationships made us understand better what we truly wanted/needed in a mate. My husband and I had known "of" each other for several years since we were both in the aviation field. Then one day he came to the flight school where I worked and came around the corner (coffee cup in hand like I'd seen him do for many years) and sat down at the desk in front of me. Something just "clicked" right then and there. It was the most amazing sensation and little did I know it would lead to our marriage a mere 6 weeks later - yes 6 weeks!

We are absolutely the best of friends and I think one of the main reasons we get along so well is because we aren't together all of the time () he's a pilot and is gone for 6 days then home for 5. It makes those 5 days seem like a mini-honeymoon (I know Awwwww hee hee)

OK I've rambled enough - hubby just left on his 6 day rotation and I'm missing him already -- Eeek what am I going to do for the rest of the week LOL
Old 07-01-2002, 02:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello BestPartyMom,

I love your story about how you and your second husband fell in love. It sounds like something out of a movie (starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks!). Anyway, it's a very sweet, romantic story and it sounds like it was meant to be. Real soul mates.

Cheers!
Maureen
Old 07-01-2002, 06:23 AM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hee Hee - maybe I'll submit it to Tom Hanks and see if he'll bite

I forgot to mention he proposed to me in a Wendy's fast food restaurant - he had just picked up the ring and was too anxious to wait so he did it right there in Wendy's restaurant - one knee in front of everyone - it was HILARIOUS! And something we'll never forget =)
Old 07-01-2002, 06:28 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

It just gets better and better! LOL. Definitely an idea for a movie.