Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

View Poll Results: How old are you?
under 21 3 1.19%
21-29 37 14.68%
30-39 75 29.76%
40-49 83 32.94%
50-59 37 14.68%
60-69 11 4.37%
70-79 5 1.98%
80-89 1 0.40%
90-99 0 0%
100-109 (older than this, please share your secret, lol!) 0 0%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Welcome:

I am 37 soon to be 38 (july) I have a few gray hairs but I like to color them red.

My dh 35 and my dk are 11, 6,6 (twins)
Old 05-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hidy y'all......I don't mind saying that I am 62 going on 35...*grin*
My DH is the same age and we get along famously....*smiling* we do lots of things together, and he's my best friend...that's the secret ...we bake and cook together....he sews better than I do...MUCH better..so he fixes and makes dresses for me....lucky eh? *grin* I hope you young whippersnappers don't mind a more advanced lady in your midst....

I have a few gray hairs, but L'Oreal Castings takes care of it....
You'll find that I may be a bit opinionated and authoritarian at times, but that comes from experience....Y'all better listen! *laughing*

Amanda, I'm on IE for a bit..so I can post..still can't do it with netscape ......as long as IE holds up I can do this! LOL

Jeannie
Old 05-29-2002, 04:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

30 - 39

I'll be 40 in October; 12 days before my son turns 2!
I'm a third grey which started at age 18 ! It isn't very visible until I pull my hair back...
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am 35 and my dh is 40. I have a dd-8 & ds-6. I take after my father's side w/the greys(around temple on me but my 3 brothers & 3 sisters were all grey in their 20's. So I am the lucky one. & it could be worse my Mom started wearing a wiglet this year!! Lord knows she should have been wearing one years ago. She finally gave in to my nagging her about the bad job her beautician(a person who does old Italian women's hair) was doing on disguising the fact that she had gone bald. She IS Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond and I'm Raymond. My philosophy on aging is I'm happy to get to any birthday because what's the alternative? I work in the ER & I once had a woman come in via ambulance from an MVA who I asked what her birthday was & she replied it's tomorrow isn't this a great birthday present? To which I replied if you are able to talk to me,yes it is.

Marianne
Don't care if I'm over the hill just happy to get to the hill....
Old 05-30-2002, 06:07 AM
Nine Year Member

Hello everyone!

In order to make it our "Golden Years" (whenever that may be), we need to properly attired, hence the Silver in our hair.

Well, I am still working towards me and at 37, mine are showing, but with a little bit of coloring and hair styling, maybe they won't show and maybe they will. The option is ours and so what if you color or not!

My husband is 45, long wavy greying hair, with a receding hair line and a sexy bald spot. I don't think you could beat that!

My kids are 12 (d) and soon to be 5 (s). Oh, yes! My daughter into boys and my son into anything to scare the wits out of me that is high, you can imagine the grey hairs I am getting.

I saved my first grey hair, that I found for posterity! Why not, silly questions like that come up with with my kids and that one, I am going to be ready for.

In my heart, I will be forever "26", although there are many mornings that I already feel "102", but being young at heart is the key!
Old 05-30-2002, 07:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm 35 and dh is 50. Our kids are 27, 25, 24, 21 and 9. I have started going gray at 15! My natural hair color is black, but I have been coloring it light brown since I was sixteen. Lately I have been busier than usual and don't want to color as often. Between the dark roots and the grays, it was becoming a costly, monthly routine. So I dyed my hair back to the natural black color I was born with. I figure it will show the grays, but at least I won't have many different colors showing . Guess what, my grays don't show as much as they did before, and everybody asked why I went dark. No one knew this was my "real" hair color. When I am more than 90% gray, I want to keep it.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The age thing

I'm 43 and I don't have any gray hair, my mom just started to get some grey. I have a thyroid problem, so I have some spots where my hair breaks and some thin spots. I got a perm awhile back and now it looks nice and thick. I have five children 21, 19, 14, 6 and 4 years. My 21 daughter is moving to my parents house in Idaho next month, and my 19 year old son is allready there. So I'll be down to three kids soon. I'm looking forward to summer, I hate the heat, but I love the time with my kids.
Old 05-30-2002, 12:48 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Dear C_harlow
I read your post about thyroid problems. I also have a thyroid problem, hypo, and it does have a real effect on hair. My hair is thinning and I, also, got a perm. At least we can look like we have hair
Right now, I am feeling old. I am sitting here with lemonade reading my e-mail and recovering from my weekly shopping. The AC in our car went out and it is so hot and humid here! Whew, I am so thankful for AC at home.
I hope you are having a great day, too!
Blessings,
Linda
Old 05-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thyroid problems

Hi Linda,
Mine is hypo thyroid also. I didn't have a problem with my hair for a long time, then it hit. I also use to have great fingernails, then they started peeling and breaking, so now I have a great set of acrylic nails. At least there are remadies for things now. I know what you mean about the heat! I don't have AC in my suburban and it's about 95 degrees out today, at least we still have nice breezes blowing, and I have AC at home.
Carol
Old 05-30-2002, 06:04 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Carol,
Hey, no fingernails to speak of here either. Oh well, things could be worse, like. . . running out of craft supplies or chocolate Have a nice evening.
Linda