Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

View Poll Results: How old are you?
under 21 3 1.19%
21-29 37 14.68%
30-39 75 29.76%
40-49 83 32.94%
50-59 37 14.68%
60-69 11 4.37%
70-79 5 1.98%
80-89 1 0.40%
90-99 0 0%
100-109 (older than this, please share your secret, lol!) 0 0%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:37 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I'm 42, dh is 48 and our kids are: 23, 21 & 19. You know I wouldn't trade these grey hairs for nothing! I mean aging is trying at times and I am not gonna say that I don't feel it, (arthritis!) but I am happier with who I am than I have ever been.
It looks like we have a very diverse group here...I like that
Old 05-28-2002, 07:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I am 33 and DH is 31. He is starting to get a few gray hairs and he is getting very thin in the back! He could care less. I still have a head full of curly red/brown/blond hair that I fondly refer to as my "mop". I lucked out in the hair department with natural curls and summer blond highlights. My curse is my hips, which feel like they belong to someone else each passing year!

Oh, yea, no kiddos. We are TTC! =
Old 05-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm 36. My mom's family isn't much for gray hairs till retirement age. My dad's is the opposite. I have always hoped I got my hair genes from mom. So far, so good...just an occasional one (that gets snipped as soon as I notice it!) once in a while.

I had my last perm when pregnant with dd (age almost 5). I have thick straight hair and went to a short wash & go style awhile back. I'm not sure I could stay at the saloon long enough to get colored!
Old 05-29-2002, 04:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

(groan) Definitely an elder in this group

Neat poll ~ had no idea I must be one of the "seniors" of this group! Oh, well ~ I don't feel any older than I did decades ago, but the evidence is there, for sure. A little slower of step at times, a bit more difficulty in accomplishing things I used to breeze through without a thought ~ BUT overall, feeling great and enjoying life as never before.

I am almost 60, married, husband just a few months older than I am. Mother to 3 (2 sons and one daughter, all over 30). Grandmother to 8, six of whom live within 200 yards of me (four girls in daughter's household, 2 girls in eldest son's family).

As far as gray hairs, I broke the mold here many decades ago. I have had silver hair since I was in my early 30's and gave up trying to color it when my beautician said we were losing the battle. My mom was also premature gray (same silver color) when she was in her 30's. I guess I am pretty lucky as it is probably my best feature ~ pure silver. No yellowing ~ yet.

Senior Sandie
Old 05-29-2002, 07:29 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We're thrilled to have you here and would have never known you were "seasoned" a little more than some of us. I wish MY hair would turn silver and I would stop trying to hide the blondish-grey streaks at my temples...you know the kind they put on OLD women in the movies?
Old 05-29-2002, 07:35 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I am 31. Husband is 36. Kids are 8, 5, and 3. Hopefully one more will be on the way...still working on that one! Grey hair over this way to, but Herbal Essences takes care of mine!
Old 05-29-2002, 07:41 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing

Hi everyone,
Tray here. I am a newbie and wanted to join you in the age thing. I am 34 yrs old, my DH is 54 and our kids are 9 (girl) and 13 (boy). I am glad to see the age difference between spouses also. My husband and I have been married 14 and a half years and are still going strong.
Nice chatting, Have a Great Day!!!
Old 05-29-2002, 08:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

How Old?

You all make me feel old. I am 51 and will be 52 in June. Really, though, unless I look in the mirror at the gray hair, I don't feel old. I guess in some respects your age is more how you feel than how long you have been around.
Guess I'll do to my rocking chair and enjoy my cat for while.
Linda
Old 05-29-2002, 01:17 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Talk about grey hairs!!! I'm 24 and already have them, of course I guess having 2 boys will do that to you My children are 5 and 2! I am also very new to this site but love it so far!
Have a wonderful day
Old 05-29-2002, 02:07 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am 28, dh is going to be 30, my 3 ds are almost 4, 18 months and 6 months old. They have given me a few gray hairs.