Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

View Poll Results: How old are you?
under 21 3 1.19%
21-29 37 14.68%
30-39 75 29.76%
40-49 83 32.94%
50-59 37 14.68%
60-69 11 4.37%
70-79 5 1.98%
80-89 1 0.40%
90-99 0 0%
100-109 (older than this, please share your secret, lol!) 0 0%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I am new here and thought I would join in also.

I am 26 ( end of August) and have been married for 6 years and have 4 wonderful children. ages 6, 5, 4, 3 my oldest will be 7 in December, THAT makes me feel old!

I have had grey hairs also, but I am not sure if that is from hubby or the kids
Old 10-15-2003, 07:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'll jump in - I'm 55 yy (years young) and was born on the 4th of July. My husband and I have been married for 27 years last week. We never aged until our now almost 17yo daughter was born. The day she arrived, I looked in the mirror and found my first grey hair. It's a good thing she's so cute and funny or I would be at the hairdressers every week.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:14 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi all.

I just posted and went to send it and found I had been bumped off...hopefully I can do it again and get it posted...

Just wanted to say that I came over here to see what the beautiful baby Vannessa looked like and found the poll..thought it would be fun to see what the ages were of all the people whose posts I enjoy so much..

I am 73 a Taurean..(April 23)...some say we are stubborn but I say we are determined and loyal.....
I am a widow...my dh died in l972 at the age of 42 from a fall from a l6' extended ladder. I have had a few "learning experiences" but never remarried...
I have two dd's ages 40 and 41..the 40 yr old has two dds ages 5 and 6..the 41 yr old has one dd age 22..the 22 yr old has 3 kids...2 dds ages 4 l/2 yrs and 3 1/2 months and a ds 16 months..
I also have two grandsons from my late son who are 26 and 16.

I hair is completely white...disguised under a lovely shade of medium blond

My hair is thinning ...from all the anesthesia ...from all the surgeries I have had in my life...not genetic as both my parents had beautiful full heads of hair (although the white is from my Mom who had white hair for most of her adult life) ..both of my siblings have full heads of hair also.
Guess that is it...
Have a great Sunday.
Margaret
Old 12-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle

Guess I still may be the "matriarch" on FC. At the ripe old age of 80, I am just a-zipping along like always. I am a type-A, and can't sit still for long. ~~Have to have something to do to keep moving.

Like yardwork, and painting ~~anything, and the outside of the house is next in the coming week.
Did almost all of the inside last July, and first of August.

Keep moving you young ones. It's better to wear out than rust out! LOL!

Had four children, have eight grandchildren, and last I knew, had about 18 great-grandchildren

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Blondie...you'd better move fast as I am catching up...74 come April..
Where in Florida are you and are you a native Floridian???
I transplanted from NJ in l972.....
Margaret
Old 12-08-2003, 03:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

chuckle jrztomato

Hi there!

When I move, I do move fast!! Been runner" ever since I was a kid. Have to admit I don't last as long at a time, though. I have a pacemaker, but I still can go. The humidity here does a number on me after awhile, and I just hate it.

I am in Deltona~~central part of
Fla. We were from Detroit, left in 1974 for Michigan's U.P., where we lived 4 and a half years on a small island below Sault Ste. Marie. My folks had moved to Mt. Dora in 1968, then to Leesburg, where they stayed until each passed away in 1993, and 2000. We had our house built here in 1982, and have been here ever since. Moved to Fla. to begin with, because my folks kept asking if we would. Now we are here alone, and if I could get DH to agree, would move north again in an instant. ~~But, he won't, so here I are!!

You are from New Jersey? What part? My oldest son lives in Bridgeton.

Nice to hear from you.

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and you cry alone.

Last edited by Blondie; 12-08-2003 at 03:21 AM.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I turned 32 last August and DH is 36 :p
My kids tease my grey, but I remind them each is compliments of them! (just kidding) I need to color, but I'll tell you 2 fifteen year olds, a twelve and ten year old, 2 dogs, a cat, a bird and fish.......keep one hoppin'! LOL

Admit your mistakes so that NO ONE else can exaggerate them
You can NOT amputate your HISTORY from your DESTINY~ Beth Moore
Old 12-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Blondie...I lived in Morris County (born and raised in Madison but lived in Chatham Twp. when I moved down..Both my Mom(here) and my dh(up there) passed in l972...so..I bought my Mom's house in PtStJohn and moved my girls here..My son was l8 and chose to stay in NJ....Lived there until l985 when I moved to Titusville......My son married and lived in Palm Beach until he passed in l995( he had CML(leukemia)...My youngest DD met her husband who was from Lebanon NJ at FSU and moved back to NJ....My other DD just moved to NY state to be near her daughter and her family.......SO here I am alone in Fla.....They are hounding me to move back...but not sure I could stand the cold weather..am going up for the holidays and we will see how much snow and cold I can take l0l.......I just talked to my aunt in NJ and she said it was 18 this morning and is expected to go UP to 27...It was 46 here this am and I was freezing......
Margaret
Old 01-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello All

I am 28 years old. My DP is 39, he will be "40" on 22.04. I will be "29" on 26.04. My DS#1 will be 8 on 03.07, DS#2 will be 7 on 17.06 and DD will be 5 on 13.02.

Hope this helps, as it looks to me as I might be the youngest here lol.

MoT
Old 01-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

mumoftwo...I think SAH/SHMom is 26.......
Margaret