Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 03-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Your First Name

What's the story..............if any............behind your first name?
Were you named after anyone?

I am Donna, named after Richie Valens song...............Oh, Donna, Oh Donna, Oh,Donna............and I heard that song sung to me all my growing up days!!

hugs, Donna
Old 03-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My first name Felicia, came from some song that was out in 1965 when I was born. At one time I had the record but I dont recall who sang it.
fish3711

Old 03-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am named for the Rose of Sharon, but ever since The Knack put out a certain song my name has been Sharona.

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

My first name is Iris. The story behind it is: My Mother was from Germany.My parents had been married 4 years and had already had 1 misscarraige and 1 son who only lived 3 days. So when she was pregnant with me they didn't buy any baby stuff or make any plans or anything. Then when I was born and was healthy they needed a name. The neighbor from the next farm came to the hospital to visit and she brought a big bouquet of Iris's. My mother had never seen them before and love them soooooooooooooooooo that became my name.
iris
Old 03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My name is Janet--I was named for my grandfather's half first cousin who was Janet Gaynor, the movie star--Janet also mean God's gracious gift and it was a complete surprise when my twin sister and I were born-they expected one baby.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Assistant Moderator

I'm Kathleen Maria, my mum picked the name and wanted it kept Kathleen but my dad shortened it to Kathy and Kathy it stayed, I rarely use my full name but to fill out forms, and 99% of people, once you say Kathy automatically put it with a C, now that bugs me LOL. Maria, Mum wanted Mary but dad said no mum picked my first he's picking my second so it was Maria.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Big Grin

My name is Susan and I was named after my great-aunt, Sidie (Hungarian name). Being a '60's baby, I went to school in the time when there were at least 3 other Susan's in each classroom. However, as much as I disliked my name, I always felt grateful that my parents didn't name me Sadie (I don't mean to offend any Sadie's out there!).
Old 03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I am Patricia Anne and I was going to be Teresa Rose. Not to offewnd any one out there but sure galad I ended up with P A. And I got that because of the Nun/Nurse who took care of Mom when she had me.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My first name is Joyce. My brother was almost 10 when I was born and my father really wanted a daughter and when they brought me home, he looked down at me and said, "welcome home, Joyce Ann". Joyce means joyful and Ann means grace, I believe.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My name is Debbie, and I was name after Debbie Reynolds..She burst on the screen when my mom was carrying me( last daughter she had..I have 4 other sisters..no brothers) she just fell in love with the actress so much she had to name me after her. The best part about it was that my mom visited Las Vegas when she went to visit her brother in California and met her idol in person and was able to talk to her and tell her that she had a daughter she named after her..Unforntunately years after that meeting my mom passed away and she was buried with a pic of her and Debbie Reynolds at that meeting..We all have a copy of the pic.