Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 04-17-2006, 04:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Mariecq and welcome to Family Corner! I hope you enjoy your time here.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi Mariecq...come on over to Introduce Yourself Here-4 and meet a lot of great folks...would love to learn about Norway from you....have a great day...!!!

Old 04-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Nine Year Member

danyel, there was a post on one of the threads recently where one of the women actually met someone who had been named s***head! It was pronounced Sh-they-d. Yes, be glad the hospital gave in!

Welcome, mariecq from Norway! My gf has had a bout with fibromyalgia I think, or something like it, plantar fasciatis? Is that close?

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Carol Ann, I think that is interesting that your name was picked from a phone book! I never thought to look through a phone book for names. But, what a better place!

Joy, I know what you mean about having a common shortened name. Even though at home I was Lynsie, at school I always wished I could have been called something other than Karen, that would not have seemed funny. Other than Kare.

In fact my first three kids were given names that could use common variations, that would not have been looked at funny. But, than number four was given a name that really can not be given a short name other than Kare! What was I thinking? But, she is the only Karrie at school. And Kaitlin goes by Kaitlin by choice. Kevin really don't have that many variations, but he always goes by Kevin. But, Kimberly goes by Kim.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

your first name

Well my grandfather named me Carolyn Susan but my mom didn't like it so she just named me Carol Sue .

Old 04-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Gena Michelle
I Was Named After My Grandfather And My Uncle Gene. And Michelle Was Going To Be My First Name If Gena Wasn't.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hee hee

I'm not sure where my name came from and can't get a straight answer from my family. Some of them say my name Tabitha came from the TV show Bewitched while others say it came from the Bible so it's a toss up. One thing that isn't is that about everyone I meet when they here my name will say "Can you wiggle your nose like Tabitha on Bewitched?" I've heard that one a million times or more. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood I feel like saying "Yeah I can but it doesn't work like hers. If it did I'd be on some sunny beach in the tropics instead of here listening to you." Thankfully the manners instilled in me as a child prevail and I just smile and laugh. I guess my name is just one of those things to be talked about-I guess the topic could be worse-LOL!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:42 AM
Nine Year Member

My first name is Anna after my Grandmother on my Fathers side. All my cousins were named Anna too. When I was young didn't like the name preferred Ann. Hated the phrase Anna Banana which everyone thought was funny. Now that I am older use my name again since no one says that anymore. Most of the men call me Annie.
_______
Sueanne

Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I was named after the character Samantha in the TV Show, "Bewitched"

Low Carb and Lovin it, for diabetes control. Officially off diabetes meds all together for a three month trial to control blood sugars by diet alone. Woot!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I was named my Grandparents Woodson and Edna. So I am named Woodena. Also I have the same middle initial as my Dad does. It is K and stands for Kay. My son's middle name is my Dad's middle name and our daughter's middle name is my mother in law's middle name. Also our children's first names are after people too. My daughter is named Kayla after my middle name of Kay. Our son's first name is also a family name of Richard after grandpa's, 2 great grandpa's and his other Grandpa. So our Son's full name is after all his Grandpa's. Then our daugher's full name is after me and one of her grandparents middle names of Ann. We thought these names sounded good together.