Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:06 AM

Connie, thats not silly at all. I think its a great way to treat yourself.

Coll
Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb, your post cracked me up too!

Connie, I don't that that is silly either!

My first name is Karen. I was named after my oldest sisters best friend at the time I was born. My mom wanted to name me Kelly, but, my Dad said that that was a boys name.

I ended up with a nickname of Lynsie. Due to my middle name being Lynn, and when I was born my older sister couldn't say Karen. So, alas I became Lynsie, and I actually thought that was really my name until I started Kindergarten! Boy, was I surprised!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:29 PM

My cousin was named Ronald Calvin after his dad, they called him RC from day one. When he started school, he didn't know his name was Ronnie or Ronald.

Then there are the teachers who insisted that dd#1 was Jennifer. I don't now how many notes I had to send in to teachers to tell them her name was just Jenny.

Coll
Old 04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Am just subscribing. Don't know the story behind my name. Will have to ask Blondie just how my name was chosen.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My husband thought his name was Michael Doyle until he was in high school. When they got his birth cirtificate they found out it had been put as Doyle Michael.

He was always Mike to family and Doyle at work.

My sister-in-law is Oleta but her birth certificate said Wilma, never did figure out why.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 04-14-2006, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My name is Joy. My Mom knew someone else by that name when she was growing up and always liked it. My maiden name was Zimmerman and Mom thought that by giving us short first names she was doing us a favor when we had to learn to write our names.
Of course I too have heard many, many choruses of "Joy to the World" sang to me at all times of the year.
When I was younger my best friend's name was Judith , but we called her Judy. I thought it was so neat to have a name that could be shortened into another name. I wanted to be Suzanne, so everyone could call me Sue. (?)
Old 04-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Not too sure where my name came from..I was named Margaret Mary and for years believed it was for St Margaret Mary..Both my parents had sisters named Margaret and Mary..but they said I wasn't named for them...For confirmation I took Anne for my favorite nun teacher at the time..Sister Anne Marie...
My Mom's name was Columbia Helena..wanted to name DD2 for her but she said the kids would be calling her Collie (as in the dog)..
Holly named her DD Stephanie Helena (for my mom and her DH, Stevie)..And Stephanie named her DD1 Helena Jade for my Mom. When her DS was born they had told Helena what his name would be (Jonathan Michael) and so when her DD2 was on the way she wanted to know what the baby's name would be..Stephanie's DH (also a Steve) teased her and said it would be little flower..so for the whole pregnancy that is what she thought it was going to be..when the baby was born they named her Teresa Leanne....(the Anne again)..but the funny part is that neither of them knew about St. Teresa the Little Flower...funny how that worked out.............
Old 04-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My name is Danyel - just how it sounds. My dad's name was Danny (not Daniel) so they wanted something like his - different. My mom said that my dad want'ed to name me Danita - thank heavens for small favors!!

I really like my name, but it gets annoying when it is CONSTANTLY spelled wrong.

The hospital told my mom that she couldn't spell my name that way - 3 TIMES!!! they told her it wasn't the French spelling, she said IM NOT FRENCH and I can name her s&*thead if I want!!!! YIKES!! luckily they let my mom have her way.

Remember:
Wherever you go, there you are!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:37 AM
The Original Coupon Queen
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Not much behind mine. Carol was from the telephone book, and Ann, from Mom's favorite cousin.

Happy Easter
Old 04-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thumbs up Hello to all

I found this website while i was searching about fibromyaglia.

I am a working housewife with 2 grown girls, ages 27 and 22 yrs.

Looking forward to reading this website often.
Hope to hear from the other members too.