Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

About You Special event in your life? Share your birthdays, anniversaries, new grandbaby announcements, and anything else you would like to share!

Old 03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Debbie what a great story. I too love D R so did my g-mom so much so that when Eddie Fisher left Debbie for E Taylor my G-Mom quit watching Eddies' TV show lol. Could you post the pix of your dear Mom and Debbie?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi Patty
I wish I could post the pic but it is in a preservation box with other mementos of my mother and it is sealed. It is my most precious treasure that I own. I will call my sisters and see if they will send me theirs(I won't count on it though) I will do my best. I even offered to take their pics to have it preserved like I did and they would not let it out of their site..which is understandable. None of them have computers..so thats out of the question. I would really like to post one on here.
Debbie

Old 03-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My name is Barbara Ann. I can't stand the Beach Boys' song....I guess way too many people always sang it to me when I was a kid.

My parents thought about naming me Beverly Ann, but they decided that with a last name beginning with G, I'd have the initials BAG. So they named me Barbara Ann.

DUH....

If you use all my initials with my married name my initials are BAGS. Just first and last, I'm BS...hardly any better....when asked to initial something I put BSz.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barbszy: Your post cracked me up! My mother's name is also Barbara Ann. My middle name is Ann. And she had everyone sing that song too........
fish3711

Old 03-25-2006, 11:58 AM

Barbszy,
I was once told that if your initials spell a word you'll be rich. My initials are CARS. Not rich though. Not monetarily anyway.

My first name is Colleen (pronounced coaleen). It is Irish for girl. I was named after my moms 2 best friends Colleen and Adrienne.

Coll
Old 03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My name is Tammy and I was named after the song, "Tammy's in love". The DJ even found it for my wedding reception.
Tammy
Old 03-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Nine Year Member

Nothing fabulous in my name. My 3 db/ds all had middle names and one even has the first name of Benedetta! But we call her Sue. I don't have a birth middle name, just a middle name from confirmation. I always liked how Barbara Streisand sang, and she looked like my oldest ds' best friend who was named Ellen, so I guess I did end up liking my name. My mom said she didn't want any more nicknames so she named me so it couldn't be nicknamed. But Sue managed LN, and oldest ds calls me El. It means 'light' and is a derviative of the Greek Helen.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We have a tradition of the girls getting a first name that starts with L and the middle name is Jean.

My mom was Lila Jean, named after her mother's best friend.

I'm Linda Jean named after the song "Linda" that was popular in the late 40's.
I chose Lydia as my confirmation name.
Acts 16:14-15 & 40

My daughters name is Laura Jean after Laura in the Glass Menagerie.

Her daughter is Leanndra Jeane. Leanndra because she wanted a unique name and her best friend was Ann so it is in her name. She added the e to Jean to remember Norma Jeane aka Marilyn Monroe.

Leanndra is 15 and hopes to have a daughter named Loren Jeanne.

Love & Prayers,
Linda
May God give you for every storm, a rainbow, for every tear, a smile, for every care, a promise, and blessing in each trial, for every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh, a sweet song, and an answer for each prayer.
~An Irish Blessing
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm Roseanna, a combination of one of my moms favorite flowers (and my alltime favorite too, the rose) and my grandmas name (Anna).

LI Roe
Old 04-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Assistant Moderator

My mom didn't want nicknames or 'common' names. There were five Lindas in her class in school. I am Constance but everyone shortened it to Connie. As a treat to myself I want to buy a script necklace in Constance. Kinda of a way to tell myself I have made it thru the last few tough years and I will continue to make it. Silly I know....