View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
What are you doing for the teacher's this year?

After talking it over with my daughter, she liked the idea of doing something small each day for them instead of a bigger gift so here is what we are doing:

M - we gave them gel clings for their door and windows in the class. I attached little poems to the sheets, along with some ribbon. (will upload pics soon)

T - today we gave each teacher a blueberry muffin (6 total because my son gave his 4 teachers one, too) and 3 different kinds of herbal tea bags. (I split one box of 18 mixed flavored herbal teas). My dd decorated her paper bags for her teachers (ds didn't). I placed the muffin in the bag, then folded the top of the bag down and stapled the 3 tea bags to the lip of the bag. On top of the tea bags, I placed a little saying that read " Thanks for being such a TEA-RRIFIC teacher!" We hope that you have a "berry" nice day! Lots of hugs.... A & family. (Can you believe that I forgot to take a picture of them? UGH!)

Both kids said that their teachers loved their breakfasts and that all of them ate the muffins this morning.

W - We found colorful stone bracelets for both of my dd's teachers. I'm going to attach a little note on them that says "Mrs. H... Rocks!" and "Mrs. P... Rocks!". Both teachers love all sorts of jewelry.

H - We are either making flower pens or something else, not sure yet.

F - I have a poem that I want to print out to go along with a wooden star. I'm not sure yet how I will use it - maybe printed out and put into a frame or made into a pin with the poem attached? Still working on this one.

Here is the poem:

The Star Polisher
I have a great job in the universe of occupations.

What do I do? I'm a "star polisher."

It's a very important job. If you want to know how important, just go out at night and look at the stars twinkling and sparkling.

You see, I'm a teacher. The stars are the children in my class. My job is to take them--in whatever shape they come--and shine and buff them and then send them out to take their places as bright, twinkling beacons in the sky.

They come into my room in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they're bent, tarnished, dirty, crinkly, or broken. Some stars are cuddly and soft. Some are prickly and thorny.

As I buff and polish, I train and teach my little stars; I tell them that the world cannot do without them. I tell them they can do anything they set their minds to do. I tell them they can be the brightest, shiniest stars in the sky and the world will be a better place because of them.

Each night as I look at the sky, I'm reminded of my very important job and awesome responsibility. Then I get my soft buffing cloth and my bottle of polish in preparation for tomorrow…for my class of little stars.
--Leah Becks

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!