View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

My DH came for a visit with his chihuahua. She is a female. Females don't seem to need to mark things. However, my boys mark where she's been. The good thing about the new place in which we live is there is NO carpeting. This makes clean-up simple. In this house, our trash can is in a closed in closet. So, no more putting the trash on the washer or counter. As for the toilet paper, my dog stopped eating and destroying that when he got older.

I agree, one male dog is trying to tell the others whose property it is and he is claiming it.

Haley's Grandmom, I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. I still mourn Jet-Bo, whom I was so close to. I doubt I will ever be as close to another dog as I was this one, again. His nephew is blind, has glaucoma, and has arthritis. Recently, we awakened with blood all over the pillow and sheets in the bed. It seems, during one of his mid-night walks around the house, he bumped his nose. I am torn between putting him to sleep or waiting. His appetite goes from very hungry and eating well to not eating. He still have a terrific energy level. Although he limps, he still walks around all the time. He goes to the children (his nose works perfectly fine) and tries to climb on their table and beg for food. He plays with Daddy for treats. It is difficult when they get this age.