View Single Post
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
DeBora4BobbyL's Avatar
DeBora4BobbyL DeBora4BobbyL is offline
Welcome Wagon Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 16,010
I don't know how it works in my state. I hope they go solely by SS number as DD's state issued ID is in her maiden name. I find that interesting since she only got this in late October. She's been married for quite some time. Anyway, she did admit to the court who she worked for as did SIL.

Thank you for the compliment. It is very hard work taking care of children and trying to start a career to support them while the parents have promises to get their acts together. I pray that the judge not only gives us complete custody, but I hope he allows us the right to move out of state as well. I figure since DD only worked for a few months in the past 6 years and she's only had this job (minimum wage) since last October early November and SIL has had his first job since late summer and the second job since November, and both his are minimum wage jobs as well. I think it would be better to allow those of us with stable, good paying jobs (my husband has been with his company for 26 years) the right to move to be near their jobs and together under the same roof.

I think it is a good idea for the state to arrest parents and make them work. NM revokes driver's licenses for failure to pay child support. In my daughter's case, she doesn't even have a driver's license.
Reply With Quote