View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
ajrsmom's Avatar
ajrsmom ajrsmom is offline
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Posts: 11,872
Charlotte gave you very good advice. Contact your local child services dept. with questions. The parents should be called in to their offices and so should you to fill out papers. Your lawyer might handle this for you or it might have to do this yourself. Don't worry about bothering your attorney, that's his job. Ask him about it so that it is not on your mind and make sure to get the answers that you are looking for. The payments should be taken directly out of their checks. If they quit their jobs and stop paying, they will go into arrears. Hopefully for you, this never happens because it could be a long time before you see that money.

I could write for hours on child support issues. Make sure to document everything!! Make sure to keep records of every payment - or lack of payment, make records of every phone call to child services, with names, dates, numbers and anything else that you can think of. I can't say it enough...document everything!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Reply With Quote