View Single Post
Old 04-29-2002, 05:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Convenient friendships

I have been a SAHM for a little over one year now and that's only two years after moving 10 miles from my lifelong home. There isn't a local mom's group established and I really haven't missed it. I keep in touch with the important people in my life and have found a couple good friends online through homeschooling newsletters and whatnot. I also consider the regular posters in this forum among my favorite people. I tend to read the threads which are posted to by the same folks over and over. We must have a lot in common. When I decided to be a SAHM, my child was my priority so I tend to spend most of my time with her. My "cyber-friends" don't care if I've had time to clean my house or if I'm still in my pj's or if I'm playing outside all day and need to get back to them the next day. I appreciate the online support but we are also always meeting new people with whom we have much in common at the library, the grocery, the ballfield etc. I guess I value both kinds of friends and I find as much support as I desire in both kinds of relationships. Don't believe you need to join a group because that's what good moms do and likewise, don't not join a group because you think you think good moms don't need them. Decide what will work best for you and fit into your lifestyle.