View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I do not have human children, but recently I taught my seven (7) year old niece that it is not polite to pick-up the phone and chat in someone else's conversation, esp when she had to ask who she was talking with. I was calling my mom long distance to let her know what our travel plans were when my niece jumped on another extension, my mom nervously laughed and casually mentioned she was on, and which point my niece asked (over the phone line) who she was talking to, I proceeded to ignore her (even though she is my baby), finished my conversation w/my mom, waited for my mom to hang up her line, and proceeded to tell my niece it was rude of her to join in on other peoples conversation w/o being asked by one of the talkers. She apologized and I said goodbye. The problem is is that her mom allows this type of behavior (even though her dad does not), and to some degree so does my mother.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins