View Single Post
Old 04-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm in Canada and through the health board there's different groups that we can join. I joined a mom's and babie's class and found it wonderful. I found 6 great friends my age and 6 my son's age! It's a group for new mom's that you join early in babies life. The first few weeks were with a health nurse that talked about different topics (feeding, sleeping troubles, teething, safety etc.). We all got along so well that we continue to meet once a week at each others houses. We started in October! Four of us don't have family in town so it's been fanatastic for us. We all just signed up for the next classes a mother goose where you sing song and do nursery rhymes with the kids. I so highly reccomend you find something along these lines and if you can't maybe consider starting your own play group up! The girls from my group have become such great friends. It's great for the kids to see eachother (now twice a week!). We're also planning one big birthday party to celebrate their first with daddy's too!! I've had a few families over at different times for dinner or just to go out and it's been a great exerience for our hubby's too. Your doc may be able to hook you up with someone, health unit, hospital, community centers, prenatal classes.....