View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Sammi, that is what I tell my clients. Marriage may be 50/50, but not usually all at the same time. Sometimes it's 70/30 but later it's 30/70. Sometimes one partner may become an invalid and then the other has to pull the entire load. So, it isn't a matter of how much you give but how much you are willing to give when you can.

I've been trying to get ahold of my friend who is visiting her kids here locally. I called her DD and she is in Austin. She said that her brother lost his phone and she gave me her cousin's phone number. Nobody answers there either. So, I will have to wait until she gets back home as she does not have a cell phone.

Anyway, she handed me Mark Gungor's Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage. I guess it's a DVD collection of one of his marriage seminars. This guy is good. You can find some of his stuff on YouTube and he has a Facebook page. I think he appeals mostly to men, which is good because men are the last to enter marriage counseling or go to a marriage seminar unless they are taken kicking and screaming. lol However, I have had 2 couples in which the counseling was the husband's idea. Maybe times are changing. lol