View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Stew Recipe

I was just browsing through & found this thread - We just found a really great stew recipe - My husband made it the 1st time & it turned out great!!! It's made in slow cooker which makes it even better!!!

Beef Stew:
4 carrots chopped, 2 potatoes, peeled & cubed, 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, 1 onion chopped, 3 stalks celery chopped, 3 pounds cubed stew meat, 1 packet dry onion soup mix, 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, 1 3/4 cups water.
Place the carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, onion & celery in slow cooker. Please the uncooked stew meat over the vegetables. Combine the soup mix with the can of soup - Add the water & mix together well - Pour into the slow cooker over the meat & vegetables - Add water as needed so that the liquid comes just to the bottom of the meat - Cook on low setting overnight, adding more water as necessary in the morning - Allow to cook all day.

I myself used extra potatoes, canned mushrooms & didn't add the extra water to cover the meat - We also doubled the recipe since my boys are such big eaters - When my husband made it & then when I made it, we started it in the morning & left it all day (7:00 - 5:00) & it's the best stew!!! The meat was so tender!!!