View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Confused StepMom,

I just wanted to throw my name out there for you in case you want to stay in touch. For six years now my husband and I have had a "yours, mine, and ours" situation (the ours came along four years ago) and my step-daughter is 8, so I really can empathize. I have been in the family since she was two-years-old and have watched my husbands relationship with her in confusion for most of that. Fortunately, I have a very open relationship with my husband and since each of us have step-children with each other we have learned to talk to each other even when it is hurtful. My daughter lives with her mom during the week and with us on the weekends and on vacations, and what you are talking about rings very true to my life. When she is here, she is manipulative and very much a Daddy's girl. I could go one, but I must ask how close you are with her biological mother. Do you have a relationship with her? Oddly, the two mommies usually have more in common in this respect that can normally be imagined. If you would like to communicate anytime, please send me a message.

http://amywarwick.com