View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hi! I am in the area known as Green Country which is the northeast corner of the state. There are many places that are good to see in my state.
Love to crawl the museums and art galleries? Let's rent a car and see . . .
Tulsa:
Gilcrease Museum
Philbrook Art Museum
Tulsa Air and Space Museum
Bartlesville:
Woolaroc
OKC:
National Memorial and Museum (4-19-1995)
The Cowboy Hall of Fame and Natural Hustory Museum
A drop by the state capital to see the only oil well ever to have been on capital grounds.
Come to Pawhuska and drive through the Tall Grass Prarie and see the largest herd of buffalo. Go to Claremore and visit the Will Rogers Museum and then hit all the antique places up and down main street.
Come during May and we'll join in the Red Dirt Festival and see the Pow-wow in Anadarko.
The trip to each city and the visit to the museums can be done during a week.
Want to eat? We have anywhere from steak to Sushi -
Jamil's with Lebonese side dishes
Zio's and their Italian dishes
Come to the 'House that Bob built' -
Cain's Ballroom for any type of music.
The BOK Center is a new venue hosting top-notch entertainment.
Love to fish or just play in the water? There are over a dozen lakes within a day's drive.

Bring sunscreen and light clothes for summer - sweaters for spring and fall - a good coat for winter.
We do not have snow every year but we aren't termed "Tornado Alley" for nothin' - during bad storms just watch the news and follow the basic tornado tips and you'll have no problems. I'll let you know when to duck!