View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I met one of my bests friends in Irvine College (CA) in 2004, during a Human Development night class we both signed up for. Nancy was working on current educational information for her Kindergarten Teaching requirements, and I was just starting on my Early Childhood Development Teaching Certificate (although I was also taking schoolage educational classes on weekends and over summers). We use to spend our down time (before/after classes) at a local coffee house around the corner from campus - discussing homework, her job and my volunteer work, our home life, and life in general. There were more moments then not where she would do all the talking and I would listen, and other times where I would get a word in edgewise. As I think back to those times I admire her for a lot of "stuff" she was going through then and how I was able to just be there for her. A recent road trip that took me back through California recently reminded me of those memorable conversations, and how I wish we lived closer so we could "work" things out over coffee - even if it's only long enough to pick up the coffee, HUG, and say "see you later" or "call me." Now a days we barely have time to get three texts out to one another in a 12 hour day... but she's always a heart beat and a prayer away.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins