View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Project ideas

Being a former leader of both organizations, I use to have the kids choose from one project and go ahead and build it with volunteers help. Some of the projects are 1/ a banana tree to stop bananas from rapidly browning( it looks like a hang-man shape with a small screw in hook on the end) 2/ a tool box for Dad or a cleaning caddy for Mom (the pattern consists of 2 house shaped ends, a cut broom handle for the handle and 3 rectangular pieces for the sides (I still use mine today) 3/ a recipe book compiled by recipes from friends, family and other members of the group (I cherish mine) 4/ a bird house 5/ a weaved washcloth using wool in the old over, under, over, under checker board style 6/ a hand print in plaster-of-paris then painted with why they love Mom or Dad 7/ A bat house to keep away those pesky bugs 8/ a step stool. Most of my pattern came out of my head but you can find patterns on the net by just typing in what kind you are looking for in the search engine. I hope this helps. If you ask local lumber businesses they would be glad to help out by donating or selling at cost for such wonderful organizations. Note: the bat houses were so popular that many would be placed at our camp ground and the town hired us to build them & put all around our town. 1 bat eats 4000-7000 misquitoes a day.