Thread: hypothyroidism
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftchick
Hi Bluebird,
Yes, I have suffered with hypo thyroid for about 10 years now and had taken lyvoxarine, I probably spelled it wrong. I lost my health insurance last Feb. and have not had any medication since. I have unfortunately gained 20 pounds. I have dieted and exercised to no avail, I can't wait till Jan. hopefully I can get ins. again.

craftchick
Have you check with some place like WalMart to see if they will give you a discount for the generic meds? Of course you will need to get it approved by your docs, first. I cannot take the generic dose because it is not strong enough for me right now. I've been taking Sythroid.

I've been taking meds for hypothyroidism for 13 yrs. now. I have had the hardest time getting my meds. regulated for the last 6 month but finally it seems to be ok.

I've gained so much weight because of it. A low carb diet seems to help tremendously.

Being hypothyroid can mean having cholesteral problems, too. Be careful. I don't know if there is a connection or not but I've met a lot of people who have PCOS along with it, too.

Don't quit taking your meds if you can help it. They are really necessary. If you doctor cannot handle doing all of the major tests that are necessary, see an endocrinologist. Don't let the doctor tell you nothing is wrong!! When I first went to the doctor to get check out, I was only 26. I actually had a nurse ask me if I was sure that I wasn't just lazy!! OMG, I lost it right there! I knew that something was wrong because I couldn't stay awake for more than 1/2 hour at a time if I sat down to relax...and I was constantly freezing. They told me that I was too young to be having those problems...well, we know now that even children can have these problems.

Don't give up and don't give in!! You can control it and not let it control you!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!