View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

In NJ the law is the same as PA where happymomof4 is. 3 to a seat for grade school, 2 for high school.

However, my kids do not attend public school. The public school districts are required to provide busing OR a transportation reimbursement to private-school students. So my kids do get a school bus. However, we are at the mercy of the public school time schedule so my younger kids are in school 25 minutes earlier than they need to be....they are also first on, last off. NOT the ideal.

I could drive the kids to school, but I feel like I need to have the bus option for those days when someone is sick--why would I wake a sick child if I don't have to, so I can take the sibling to school? My kids are the only ones at our bus stop, so if we stop taking the bus in the morning then the bus will stop coming down our block.

My son has told me that some of his friends who live in another town have a VERY overcrowded bus. Rumor has it that the town is doing this to discourage the private school kids from using the bus. They will not provide a second bus. Glad that is not the issue for me.