View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Teriyaki Pork & Veggies

This recipe was originally posted in What’s for Dinner February 2008 by: ajrsmom
Teriyaki Pork and Veggies Lo Mein (low carb)

I cooked 2 lbs of pork tenderloin, cut into small pieces, and 1/2 the sauce (recipe below) in the crockpot for 4 hours on high.

Low Carb Teriyaki Sauce

1 2/3 cups low sodium soy sauce
1/3 C. olive oil
1 C. Splenda
1 clove garlic--chopped
2 in. piece of fresh ginger--I used 2 tsp. ground ginger
3 green onions--chopped
1/4 C. Brown Sugar Twin

Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Use 1/2 of this sauce to pour over tenderloin in the crockpot. Reserve the other 1/2 to warm the veggies in later on.

30 minutes before the tenderloin is finished cooking, cook 1 lb of spaghetti, drain and set aside. Add the remaining Teriyaki sauce to a big skillet and cook for 10 minutes. If using fresh ginger and green onions, you can strain this at this time if you want to, I didn't because I used powdered ginger. To the sauce, add 1 bag of frozen stir fry veggies + 1 bag of frozen stir fry peppers mix. Cook until veggies are tender. Add spaghetti to the skillet and heat through.

To serve, fill a plate with the spaghetti and veggies, then spoon the pork over top of everything.

To cut down on the salt from the soy sauce even more, you can easily sub chicken broth for at least 1/3 c. of the soy sauce.
You can also thicken the sauce with cornstarch if you like a thicker sauce.