View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It's been quite a while since I've posted and I have definitely gotten off track. Our family got whacked with ANOTHER cold, and that sidetracked my exercise program. But I am ready to jump back in. My perimenopausal symptoms have eased a little, except that I have been bleeding for a month straight now. Only two episodes of flooding, though. I see my OB-GYN on Monday.

In the meantime, I have gotten off caffeine completely (Yeah, me!), stopped drinking diet soda, have been eating more whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables and cut way back on sweets. Valentine's Day did me in, but now all of the chocolate is gone, and I will NOT buy anymore. I have found that my sugar cravings have diminished somewhat.

As far as exercise goes, I have done a 30-minute walk more often than I used to, but not everyday like I would like to. I did get on the exercise bike. I started out at 10 minutes, and worked up to 50 minutes. But then, I got sick and haven't been on for about 4 or 5 days. I'm still feeling pretty crummy today, so I think I will wait until Saturday to get back on.

I wish you all the best of luck. We can do this!

Kathy