View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 09:09 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

crest strips

I splurged and had my teeth done professionally because they told me that the over the counter stuff was too weak to work. I had nice results, but it was $300 for top and bottom.I only did the top at first because I wanted to see if it really made a difference. Then used the extra to do the bottoms.
Anyway, I noticed a friend had REALLY white teeth and I mentioned it..she told me she used the crest strips. You only have to do it for 30 min. twice a day for two weeks. She does hers every six months. I had a coupon for $7 and they had them on sale for $25, I ended up paying $17. Thought with her recommendation and the sale, it was worth the try.
My husband's teeth had become yellowed from coffee and red wine. He used the portion as directed, but there is a lot of waste on the peel off strips ...so I peeled off what was left and used it for myself. Granted, it didn't stay on as good, but we both got results for the price of one! Just tried it these past two weeks.
We laugh because we do it together and clamp the teeth shut to keep everything in place, and can't talk for 30 min. The taste isn't great, but if you brush right after you take them off, it leaves your teeth feeling very smooth. We are amazed at the difference in his teeth. I even gave some of the scraps to my daughter, who has caps from losing her two front teeth as a child. It isn't supposed to work on artificial teeth, but we thought we would try it since it was free. It did not make a dramatic difference, but there was some improvement. SHe said that she was encouraged enough to get a coupon, watch for a sale and give it the required time .