View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey ladies... I am not an OAMC-er, but I do like to prepare things ahead when I can because I love the time it saves. I am trying to be more ambitious with it now that I have taken a new job, and with a hubby in school and two boys in school and doing stuff, I need to save all the time I can. Today I am cooking 3 lbs of ground beef- 2 lbs is for meatballs and one lb will be cooked with a little garlic and other seasonings, to be used in enchiladas.

Someone above asked for chicken recipes- I have some! These are from my SIL- she has an OAMC cookbook that's got some really good stuff in it. I honestly can't remember the name or author, but next time I talk to her, I'll see if I can get it.

Anyhow, I have tried all these recipes, and they are all good! I buy a 3-to-4 pound bag of boneless frozen chicken and divide it up into 3 portions. One portion I'll grill on my Foreman and freeze, then the other two I'll prepare in one of these ways.

*Fragrant Sticky Chicken*
serves 4- can triple to serve 12
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp grated ginger
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup honey

Combine soy, broth, ginger, garlic. Mix wekk and add the chicken. Cover and marinate 1-2 hours in the fridge. Pack chicken and marinade into a zipper-lock freezer bag and freeze.

To cook: Thaw freezer bag in fridge overnight. Heat skillet to medium. Add chicken and marinade and cook 5-8 minutes on one side. Flip the chicken over and add the honey to the pan. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is done and sauce is reduced.

(Catwoman's note: I serve this one with white rice and buttered green beans with almonds. I've also used it in stir-fry and chicken salad sandwiches.)

*Citrus Glazed Chicken*
serves 4- can triple to serve 12
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp orange juice
1 tsp dried tarragon

Pleace chicken in zipper freezer bag. Mix remaining ingredients, place in the bag, and freeze.

To cook: Thaw bag in fridge overnight. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, glazing frequently.

(Catwoman's note: I serve this with white rice also, and it goes good on a bed of salad greens with mandarin orange sections.)

*Creamy Bacon Chicken*
serves 4, can be tripled to serve 12
5 slices bacon
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
1 10-oz jar Alfredo sauce
1 cup grated Havarti cheese

Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and drain, reserving drippings in pan. Saute mushrooms in drippings. Place raw chicken in 9x9 baking dish; top with cooked mushrooms. Pour Alfredo sauce over. Cool in fridge. Place bacon in one baggie and cheese in another; label the baggies, and place them in the freezer with the chicken dish.

To cook: Thaw chicken dish overnight in the fridge. Crumble back and sprinkle over all, then sprinkle cheese over all. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done.