Thread: Diet Buddy
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Everybody

Your idea of having a diet buddy is a great one. I started WW last September with my sister-in-laws and having them for support couldn't be better. I have lost 45lbs so far. I know that may seem like a lot to some, but I need to lose about 80- 100 more, I have a ways to go.
I have been overweight most of my life (I'm 45) and have also tried many, many diets! I have lost and gained it back too. This time I am determined to make it different. WW is a program that I am not having a problem following. It lets me eat anything as long as I count it. It also helps me be aware of what I am eating, why I am eating and helps me make better choices. I am not really looking at this as a diet, but a change in my life style.
Some of the things that have really helped me so far----
I write down everything I eat and keep track of my points(WW).
I try to get 5-6 serving of fruits and veggies everyday, something I wasn't good at before.
I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
I try to attend my WW meeting every week and face the scale. I think it is really important to know once a week you are going to weigh and be accountable for your eating habits.
And last but not least---having support from family and friends has helped a lot.
I hope you all have a lot of success in your weight loss. I hope having each other for encouragment will help.
Joy