View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 04:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Choosing NOT to be frugal

Yep, that's right. I'm choosing NOT to be frugal! I made a Blackberry Coffee Cake and Schaller's Chili (super hot!) for a couple of fund raisers. Neither one cost very much to make - maybe $15 total for the two - and I know that my coffee cake brought in $30 and my chili around $40-50. However, read the following quote from an e-mail I received regarding the fund raiser, and see if you agree that it would be self-centered to be frugal in this case.

"I wanted to contact you all to let you know that I am not making any assumptions that you all wouldn't like to be refunded the cost you paid for the ingredients used to make the baked goods and/or chili, corn bread, etc. I know it can begin to add up when you donate food for fund raisers and we intend on having quite a few more between now and 30 NOV in order to raise ample money for the children's holiday party. Having said this, I'm sorry I didn't ask Mrs. C (I took out the real name for OPSEC reasons) to add this information to the email she sent out requesting volunteers, but if you would like to be reimbursed for your expenses, please provide a receipt so that I can maintain it with the financial records we're keeping for the party. I will be more than happy to reimburse you.

I always thought that you made the stuff to help the group raise money, not to try to recoup what you had to spend.

Vicki