View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

HI! I live southwest of the city in a town called "Worth"> It has a very nice, small town feel. We moved here almost 3 years ago. The community is very involved with the schools and there are many children here. I am very pleased with the schools here and we have a very good tax bracket. The neighbors are all very kind. There is a train station (metra) that runs to chicago...on the Tinley park line....rite in the middle of town! Harlem Ave....a major artery, divides the town. There are 3 elementary schools, one middle school and of course the H.S. (district 127). We are just north east from Tinley (maybe a 10 min drive). The homes are just as nice, just not as expensive. If you would like some more info, please just PM me and I will get back to you. We were originally looking in the Tinley, palos area but found it to be a little pricey for us at the moment. I am very glad that we are here. I don't know how old your children are, but the park district and surrounding areas are very reasonable for activities. We are surrounded by forest preserves and also by the Cal Sag channel, which has a nice new walking path by it, as well as a boat launch. The community is quite laid back and friendly but also very caring. You really would not be disappointed. ...not to mention the commuter trains located here. All the major shopping areas are here....Target, WalMart, KMart, Jewel foods,Cub foods...2 major malls in the vicinity. When do you have to move?
You can to to the town website at www.villageofworth.com

Other cities that are closer are Oak Lawn, Chicago Ridge, Alsip...I would be happy to help in any way that I can!

Best of luck!