View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
School Supply sales/No Tax weekend--create gift boxes!

This year, I am going school supply shopping with a whole new outlook on things. Not only am I going to fill my son's school supply list, but I am going to buy supplies to make "writing boxes or bags" for my kids, nephews and my son's teacher.

NC's no sales tax weekend is coming up, Aug 3-5, I believe.

This is the perfect time to buy notebooks and folders for 10 cents or less for each one. You can get pencils, erasers, sharpeners, pens, markers and scissors cheap, too!

I will throw in some fancy markers, scented markers, paints, stickers ...etc.--things that I wouldn't normally spend the money on, to make a nice surprise.

In my nephews' bags, I am going to include a few pre-addressed and stamped envelopes. I am going to include a letter asking them to write to us.

Teachers are always looking for school supplies. You can find nice stamp sets at the Dollar Tree sometimes. My main thought on this one is to take a lg. cardboard hatbox and decoupage it, then add the supplies to it. Pencils, erasers, pens, glue, glue sticks, crayons....the list goes on and on. I will buy a little something--like a gift card for a coffee shop--to personalize it, once I get to know her/him better this coming year.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!