Thread: Syringomyelia
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Happy face

Hey debbie. I don't have a doctor right now because I don't have health insurance. My husband is in the process of getting a better job so that I can. But for now we're just trying to keep food on the table for our son. So like I said before, the internet has been my best resource for information about SM. But I'm positive that there isn't a misdiagnosis in my case. The MRI scan was too clear. I just wish I would've found out about it before I had my son. After reading up on some things, I learned that what I did (C-Section) was better than natural labor for someone with SM but (keep in mind) I didn't know that I had it at that point. General anesthesia would have been alot better apparently. It was scary once I realized that I had it and I thought about where they did the spinal block for the c-section... they did it 2 vertebrae down from where my syrinx is located. Pretty scary stuff, huh? I don't even know why I'm talking about that.. I guess I'm just depressed. I'm sorry to blabber on like this.. I'll quit while I'm behind. But thank you. It's nice to have someone to talk to. My husband's fully aware of my condition but I try not to talk about it to him because he has enough on his shoulders right now. So you've been a big help. Thank you!