View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Bunny -

So sorry none of the drugs are tolerable for you! I'm fortunate in that I can take Methotrexate and Plaquenil and that they currently are helping. However, I'm starting to have some mild renal problems (increased values on certain lab tests) and may have to either reduce dosage or eliminate the Methotrexate. My SIL is unable to tolerate any of the drugs, either. She is on prednisone, and it is making her very bloated, but she's able to tolerate it so far. She is in very bad shape, with one hand that is now totally useless (her right, of course, and she's right-handed) and the other that is getting that way.

I would not be able to bowl at all - can't pick up the ball! Can't even pick up a duck-pin ball anymore!

Some people's RA progresses much more slowly than others', and vice versa - some people's RA progresses much more rapidly than others'. My hands and feet have so many tender, swollen joints, I think I would take nearly anything to reduce the pain and swelling.

Keeping moving seems to be a big part of remaining functional. I go to the pool 2-5 times a week (depending on work volume) and am now working a bit with DH's Bowflex (on very low resistance). I stretch out and go through "range of motion" in all joints at least twice a day - often more - especially in joints that are more painful or stiff that day.

Keep moving!

Cheerio!
Elizabeth

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*
~*~ "Courage is like a muscle, it's only strengthened by use."
~*~ Issadora - arthritis patient ~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*