View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We make lots of flowers here at my house and one that we have always liked was using the old plastic pieces that would go behind your christmas lightbulbs. Some were foil too. I picked up a huge box once at a yard sale and we have been using them since. They make the prettiest flowers.

Old buttons make great flowers too...just glue them on heavy paper with a bigger one for the centre and smaller ones around the outside. Rick rack makes great stems

To make a big sunflower take a strofoam ball and cut in half. Glue with tacky glue or a hot glue gun sunflower seeds(in shell) to cover the styrofoam. Cut from bristol board petals(paint them yellow) and glue to the flat side of the cut styro circle. Tadaa you have a sunflower.

Take a paper plate and cut out the inside. Paint the plate and add petals around the outside. Attatch a toungue depresser to the bottom of the plate and you have a cute flower mask.

Cut the centre out of a paper plate . Paint it green make a bunch of paper flowers and glue close to or on the outer edge of the plate.....makes a great hat for toddlers.

I probably have some others but all I can think of off the top of my head right now

Hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson