View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Alice, I know exactly what you mean. If I'm in the right mindset to lose weight I can eat what I'm supposed to and it's not a problem to turn down junk. I do my treadmill and/or walk outside, do my situps, lunges, squats, etc when I'm in the mood. Three years ago I did WW's and I lost around 40 pounds. I've kept off 20 of those, not bad, but I just can't get motivated to do it anymore.

I really need to get busy. I keep thinking about this summer and the neighborhood pool. Last year I only took my dd's to the pool twice because I didn't want to be seen in my bathing suit. I have to get in control of my eating habits. I feel so much better about myself when I'm treating myself right. I enjoy healthy foods and I love taking walks. I can't figure out why I don't take care of myself better. I enjoy eating, I enjoy junk food, but I enjoy feeling & looking good much more.

I think depression is part of my problem. I don't want to leave the house and I have a hard time getting myself to actually do anything physical. I know exercise & a healthy diet helps w/ depression so what am I waiting for?

I need to figure out how to get myself into the right mindset and more importantly how to keep myself in the right mindset. I know I can do it, I've done it before. It seems to help when I read a good diet book. It gets me motivated. I know Self magazine has the Self Challenge every year. I think it's already started this year. I need to check it out and actually make myself do it.

Good luck! I'm rooting for you! I'll have to look for the Weigh Down book at the library. I haven't heard about it. Does it give you a diet & exercise plan?

Have a great day!

Mindy

Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens...Chinese Fortune Cookie