View Single Post
Old 11-03-2002, 07:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I've been saving the lids from the frozen juice containers for a couple years now. I made garden markers this summer for our garden. For Christmas, my kids and I are making ornaments for family and friends. Punch a hole in the border somewhere and then glue pictures of the kids on the lid, or old Christmas card parts to make a pretty ornament. Can glue on glitter or other trims to make them pretty too. Tie a ribbon or cord or rope in the top to hang with.

We have lots of ideas of what we are doing. :-)

Old oatmeal boxes into drums. Cut to various heights and cover with paper then cording to resemble drums. Use the lid to put back on for a top.

Paint or tissue old baby food jars as candle holders. Tie a little ribbon or raffia around the outside for a pretty touch.

Get old sweaters or flannel shirts from the thrift stores and make pillows out of them. Or use up some of the shirts in the house that the sleeves are worn out on or some other part, recycle them to pillows. A favorite shirt of a child that they've outgrown but really don't want to give up.

We also have taken the mini juice cans and painted them for ornaments. Cut the bottom out with a can opener, and attach a bell from a string. Use the tab top to hang it. They are really cute.

Last year the kids made pipe cleaner candy canes for the tree, 50 of them! Red and white pipe cleaners twisted together then the top folded over for the crook. Then hang off the tree from the crook, these are really easy and quick for the kids. :-)

I have lots more if you are interested but these should keep anyone busy enough, they sure do us!

mommy to
Maria - 7
Monica - 5
Megan - 3
~~~~~~~