View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh Sunshine that was a prize story! I even laughed out loud and I seldom do that. Being from the Ozark area I can just picture the scene. hehe

Linda do you have room for a couple more? Your meal sounds so good. It will be so nice to have your family there all together and share the good food. I love pumpkin cheese cake.

You know how I am interested in the rein faires. My daughter who lives here with us, has met a fella that does them all the time. He does ingraving and leather work. Tonight he was showing me some of the things he has done and talking about the different kinds of fairs he works. He just moved here from Indiana. Said he really likes doing the 1870's or just earlier than that. He was very interesting to talk to.

We talked about him needing someone to sew costumes for him. He knows a lot about fabric and the costumes. Dd had asked me the other day if I would make her an outfit and possibly one for dgd. I have thought for a long time that it would be fun to work on some of those dresses. I told her if she would get my sewing machine back up here where I can use it again I would see what I could do.

My machine got put down in the storage room when my other dd and dh thought we were going to move right away and got a head start on packing. Only they started with the things I use every day - then when dd#2 moved in her thngs got piled in there on top of my things and I can't get to anything. It's amazing how many things are more mportant than doing something about taking care of her things so I can get to mine.

Oh by the way I went and looked at the pictures the other day. You and your husband make quite a part. I was fun to see the faces of the people who we talk to.

A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that gentle hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.