FamilyCorner.com Forums - View Single Post - Dealing with Step-Children
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 06:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Katykat.....
Been there done that...I feel for you.
First, you all need family counseling. This will help you and your husband understand that HE is responsible for disciplining HIS son. It's not your job. You aren't his mother or his father. I went through this and those were the words out of the Judge's mouth when it went to court.

You must, and please please listen to me, go to counseling.
If your husband won't go, then YOU go. It will help you deal with things and it will help you put it all in perspective.
But your husband must understand that guidance is needed here all around. The child has issues that must be addressed. You all do.
Get counseling. It's not a matter of money. Insurance will cover, and if you think you can't afford it, the county offers counseling on a sliding scale ability to pay. No matter how you look at it, y'all can't afford not to go to counseling.

Good luck.....

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."